• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It only includes:
• ELDEN RING (full game)
• Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
Allows players to enjoy viewing concept art and listening to in-game music of ELDEN RING exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.

So quite possibly an incomplete Soundtrack and a digital Artbook, unlike Dark Souls 2 and 3 where it included the Season Passes as well. its TWENTY DOLLARS just for these so unless you're willingly forking this amount of money just for that digital artbook and possibly incomplete OST, don't buy those.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is a PSA needed for something that can be gleaned from reading the store description? This is the same kind of deluxe edition that most games get.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm sure people can make their own informed-consumer decisions when looking at the price and what that purchase price offers them.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
This is true of all deluxe editions for a while now. Get some pre-order bonuses for $20-30. Sony first party are particularly bad for it.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Is a PSA needed for something that can be gleaned from reading the store description? This is the same kind of deluxe edition that most games get.
Idk man, this one was different from previous Souls likes from Bamco and FROM where it would include season pass for the next few expansions as well and considering how much people are into these games might not think twice before pre-ordering it. Just a friendly PSA thats all.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Souls fanbase should be used to this.

Dark souls 2 armored edition was the same + steelbook and some ingame weapons(?). Demons souls and dark souls 1 were similar, think demons had a mini guide.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this while browsing the store yesterday, it's hilariously awful. I thought the Deluxe Edition of Hitman 3 was bad but at least you got in-game content with that.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Souls fanbase should be used to this.

Dark souls 2 armored edition was the same + steelbook. Demons souls and dark souls 1 were similar, think demons had a mini guide
Dark Souls 2 at least for its digital edition had a season pass, Dark Souls 3 also..so not the same exactly!
What if it allowed 3 day early access? I bet people would jump on that.
More understandable but no such thing has been spotted on any of the other Stores for it yet.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
If someone blindly buys a deluxe edition of whatever game and expecting to get a season pass when the description doesn't list it or a season pass isn't even announced yet, they need something else than a PSA. Like a good amount of Schadenfreude directed at them.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Most "Deluxe" editions aren't worth the extra $10-$20. At best, you get some cosmetics and a digital artbook/soundtrack. It's been this way for the better part of a decade.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I always buy the base game anyway

Is there a source for this?
No actual source but a lot of soundtracks are as such on release.
I'll probably add 'possibly' to it but Full game soundtracks for games on release aren't a thing unless ofcourse you can give a source that at least for Souls games the soundtracks on release are not incomplete i'll remove the incomplete bit in its entirety.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If only someone posted a thread to give them heads-up about it
Are they "casual gamers" or are they people that have accounts / lurk on gaming enthusiast forums? Either way, at a certain point, people don't need to be babysat for how they spend their money if the company is very clearly saying "for this many dollars this is what you get".

Res

Oct 25, 2017

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Deluxe editions only make sense if they include a Season pass, but even then it doesn't make sense to purchase them because:
a) you don't know if the DLC is going to be good and
b) once they release the DLC the season pass can be purchased for small change (the only time this wasn't true was for Fallout 4)

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that it's a waste of money, but don't these deluxe editions that offer an OST with it usually not have the entire soundtrack?

You making a thread about this had me going in here thinking Elden Ring's deluxe edition was particularly scummy or something lol

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Im not in defense of anyone here, but most OST CDs or whatever, are Incomplete OSTs, the question is how incomplete they are xD

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
According to Kitao on a famitsu stream, the limited/collectors edition has the complete soundtrack. No info if this extends to the deluxe edition, unfortunately.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/...etails_from_recent_famitsu_stream_with_kitao/
Interesting! Thanks a ton for that Source so at least we know now that the limited/collector's edition has that. So unless its said otherwise i'll keep the doubtful wording for now :)
I agree that it's a waste of money, but don't these deluxe editions that offer an OST with it usually not have the entire soundtrack?

You making a thread about this had me going in here thinking Elden Ring's deluxe edition was particularly scummy or something lol
Considering the last few new Souls games had season passes included with that price at launch? yeah it feels scummy for sure tbh.
Im not in defense of anyone here, but most OST CDs or whatever, are Incomplete OSTs, the question is how incomplete they are xD

Last edited:

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
qft

why would you buy DLC/a whole season pass before you played a single minute of the main content?
try it out first and see if you like it and then want to play more of it.
If it's cheaper than buying DLC separately and it's from a studio that I trust to make games I love, why not? Besides, some premium editions include some cool printed art books too.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
I only get the rare "deluxe" version if it has actual interesting DLC included like the Resident Evil 2 remake that includes the original soundtrack swap (which you can buy separately).

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
As hyped as I am for the game, the moment I went to pre-order (something I almost never do) and saw the bonuses, I was like "nah, I'm good fam" and bought the standard edition.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Ghostwire's Deluxe Edition is even worse. It's like three skins in a first person game lol. The digital version comes with three days early access or whatever, but even still. Seems these Deluxe Editions are getting skimpy on that extra cheese.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
95% of Digital Deluxe editions are crap. DSIII was worth it tho - it had season pass with two expansions.

Ghostwire's Deluxe Edition is even worse. It's like three skins in a first person game lol. The digital version comes with three days early access or whatever, but even still. Seems these Deluxe Editions are getting skimpy on that extra cheese.

this one is total rip-off lmao.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Good post. People always buy these stupid editions just because they're hyped

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
If the stores detail what's in it, then there's no issue.

It's not like they're lying about it - you get exactly what it says.

Best thing to do is just buy base versions unless there's content you want in more expensive versions.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The early access for that game is apparently PS5 only. No such text is visible on the PC side (on its STEAM Page).

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't say never. There are some good examples of premium editions that include season passes/DLC. This isn't one of them.
The only games where the premium edition is worth it is generally fighting games because those include the first season of DLC fighters. Other game's premium/deluxe editions are usually a waste of money.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I agree that it's a waste of money, but calling it a "scam" is a bit ridiculous. The description states the contents of the deluxe edition. If you don't think they are worth it, don't buy it.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
If I do buy a PS5 version to go alongside the one I have on Steam this is the one I'll grab. Games are underpriced as it is and I like steelbooks and art books so I don't mind tipping for good service.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Generally, never buy any of the "premium" editions of games ever.
hannibal-handshake.gif

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the lovely, lovely launch edition, which is better than a lot of special editions and at less price

915cIUhyBgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.