• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Just hold R (or apparently B) and it will go faster.

Not quite a skip button and auto-continue like in many games with dialogue boxes would still be appreciated, but it is something.

It seems not everyone knows this, so I made a thread. Mods, feel free to close this 99% actually knew this or if I have somehow been hallucinating.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
anigif_sub-buzz-2721-1585093524-1.gif

I did not know this! Thanks OP.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe you. You've been patiently waiting out every dialogue box? Do you not mash buttons to see if it makes things go faster? DId you not grow up with games having text box dialogue??
B always makes it go faster in Nintendo games, I didn't know there was an even faster speed with R either.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
This thread reminds me of that megaman review by Egoraptor where he brings up how you just pushed all the buttons to learn what they do lol. I just naturally do that I guess.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love speeding up the crafting animation because i feel like if i keep pressing it, if it went a little longer, my character would erupt into flames.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe you. You've been patiently waiting out every dialogue box? Do you not mash buttons to see if it makes things go faster? DId you not grow up with games having text box dialogue??
I didn't know about holding R. I've always mashed face buttons but can never tell if it's working.
i love speeding up the crafting animation because i feel like if i keep pressing it, if it went a little longer, my character would erupt into flames.
YOU CAN SPEED IT UP?!

how

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping this was about on option to increase text speed. It's still pretty slow even if you mash B imo.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
don't understand why people are being snarky about it when the game never bothers to tell you and New Horizons is likely gonna be the first entry for a lot of people.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have this weird rhythm where i rock back and forth between a and b when i'm talking to someone and i know what they're going to say.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
another little known gameplay fact: k. k. ballad is the most beautiful song ever written.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine pretty much everyone has already tried smashing every button on their controller trying to get through all the pointless repetitive text.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
one of the first things i do when playing any game with repeated dialogue is press every button on the controller to see if it can be sped up

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I wish you could access the third camera view the game does automatically when you're building stuff behind a building or cliff.
Right?! I was shocked when the camera seemed able and ready to handle that scenario despite not giving the user that option. Would be so useful for fishing sometimes.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Right?! I was shocked when the camera seemed able and ready to handle that scenario despite not giving the user that option. Would be so useful for fishing sometimes.

If you just need to peek, just press X to open the menu and it will do the same motion and show you the area. No luck for fishing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.