• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Long story short: I'm a long time Playerunknown's Battleground player, with about 1300 hours logged in.

Never cheated, never modded the game, playing it on Steam since its release (joined in 2017).

I was playing about 1 hour ago and got suddenly kicked out of the session.

I think "Whooops?" and re-login to the game.

Then I get a very simple black screen with two phrases.

"You are banned".

And

"You are banned from Steam".

I got "a bit" surprised and thought about an error. Waited a bit, re-login. Nothing. Still banned, to the point that I could not send messages on the Steam discussion boards for the game, as the ban is detected there.

Tried to play another 2 Steam online games and got no issues. It seems that the ban is just related to PUBG.

Then I did a bit of investigation and turns out that other people in the past months got banned for no apparent reason, and never got their account back.

Asked to a friend and he told me to buy the game again with a different Steam account (AHAHAHAHA... eh...).

Three days ago I got a new router and the friend said "Heh, maybe they detected this and thought you were cheating..." (?????).

So... basically a software house would get your money for a game and then it is able to ban you without even providing you a reason? ("For security reasons", they say). And Steam allows this?

That seems a little bit shady and, of course, after playing (and supporting...) the game for such a long time I'm not letting they get away with a "You are banned" message.

Any other PUBG player who experienced a similar situation?

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, one of these threads where around 14 pages in we somehow find out that OP actually did cheat or did something wrong.

Deleted member 34714

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Can you play other games online through VAC? You only mention being banned in PubG thinking it's a a new router.

Honestly these "I've been banned for no reason" posts get posted a lot and omit a lot of info.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
c52.png

OP
OP
Stef

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Can you play other games online through VAC? You only mention being banned in PubG thinking it's a a new router.

Honestly these "I've been banned for no reason" posts get posted a lot and omit a lot of info.

He, the issues is that I actually have no more info about this.

The only thing that changed in the past days was the new router, replaced by the service provider.

I actually don't think this could be a reason for a ban, right?

Nothing else has changed on the PC, no new antivirus programs, or things which could interfere with playing.

I've seen that Steam mentions that i'm "VAC Banned" and somehow I don't even know what it means. :D

EDIT: just checked and in the Steams setting there is the ban for just PUBG, not a genral VAC ban. They say it was issued by the specific software house, not by Steam)

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't the VAC stuff only ban you from online games on that specific game engine?

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I wonder what it will be this time.
IT was my little brother/cousin..
I cheated in another game but not PUBG..
My girlfriend in canada used my account..
I have cheat engine installed but i swear i never ever launched it..
or maybe 'i bought some vanity items (that were stolen) from some shady marketplace or used a trade bot' (do such things exists in PUBG ?)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldnt be the first time I've seen these devs hand out a ban for no reason tbh.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the VAC stuff only ban you from online games on that specific game engine?
VAC Bans you on any Game that utilizes VAC Banning. So Pretty much like 40% of all Online Games on Steam.

I've seen that Steam mentions that i'm "VAC Banned" and somehow I don't even know what it means. :D
lol

It wouldnt be the first time I've seen these devs hand out a ban for no reason tbh.
I've literally never seen a False Positive on VAC Bans. They Take literally forever to happen for a reason, they do them in ban Waves to catch as many cheaters as possible. OP Could've done something 6 months ago and now is when He's getting punished.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Please guys don't scream at "cheater cheater" too soon, because PUBG devs accidently mass vac-banned users at least two times in the past, just to remove their VAC ban when they realized the error.
So check and see if other people are having the same problem on the Steam community hub.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Please guys don't scream at "cheater cheater" too soon, because PUBG devs accidently mass vac-banned users at least two times in the past, just to remove their VAC ban when they realized the error.
So check and see if other people are having the same problem on the Steam community hub.
Then they gifted the affected accounts with lootcrates that couldn't be opened without spending real money. wtf

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This is a PUBG ban, not a VAC ban. I've never seen a VAC positive either in my life, but I can totally see a false positive ban given by the PUBG team. In fact, these have happened before. Let's not act like the PUBG devs are the most reliable people in the planet... lol

Stef Does your account say you're VAC banned yes or no? Is it only a PUBG ban or are you VAC banned? Be clear here.

Oct 27, 2017
or maybe 'i bought some vanity items (that were stolen) from some shady marketplace or used a trade bot' (do such things exists in PUBG ?)
Hold up, hold up. I'm not much of a multiplayer dude but I did install Cheat Engine to get unlimited ammo in a single-player game. Could that potentially cause issues down the line?

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
I'm in on this ride

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I once got VAC banned from CoD: Ghosts on Steam. I think that was Valve's way of telling me I shouldn't play garbage.

(The VAC ban was somehow completely scrubbed from my account, and according to posts I read on Steam and Reddit, false VAC bans weren't unprecedented with Ghosts)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Contact support.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, one of these threads where around 14 pages in we somehow find out that OP actually did cheat or did something wrong.
I mean yesterday I couldn't start The Division 2 because there was "cheating software" on my PC. And after some google research it turned out that it detects my fucking AMD lightning control for my case as cheat software :D

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Since you say the ban is just related to PUBG, seems like a weird one. Every time I've ever seen someone get banned from Steam, no matter what they say initially they've done something to get picked up by the system. Not necessarily cheat, but maybe using an overlay or other tool. But I've never seen someone banned from 1 individual game and Steam being the cited culprit for it.

Only people who can help you is Steam Support or PUBG's support I guess.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have seen reports on the pubg subreddit of similar stories. Apparently if you get enough reports from other players within a certain time frame it will autoban.

I'd definitely submit a ticket to support.

Edit. Wow there's a lot of OP shaming in here.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Happened to me too, 1 month before it left Early Access. I logged in and was presented with "You'll be able to play again in: 100 years". 😨

Support refuses to comply though so I eventually just gave up on the game. Really frustrating to say the least, but I wish you luck. Keep pressuring them via support, forums or Twitter.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To be clear OP, do you have Cheat Engine installed on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.