• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2020
With MS''s main show over, Sony's rumored show later this year and although GOWR is looking set for November, it could slip, and Nintendo already pushing BOTW2. Is 2023 the year of gaming nirvana? What are the games everyone is interested in?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We say that every year, including this one, I'm over it lol

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Things will get delayed into 2024, let's not play ourselves here. Don't disappoint yourself and assume that every game announced for 2023 will come out in 2023.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I've been caught-red handed talking about "next year" since like 2019 but this time I think we really are in for something special

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't feel much better about gaming today than I did a month ago. I'll play Wo Long when it comes out, but past that I don't really feel like there's anything coming that I'm interested in.

The industry's current favorite trends just don't appeal to me in any way, and none of my favorite genres seem to be well-represented in the modern era. It's kind of like going to a theme park that's all rollercoasters when you get extreme motion sickness.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Next year is going to be insane.

- Starfield
- Diablo IV
- Redfall
- Breath of the Wild 2
- Street Fighter VI
- Spider-Man 2
- Factions

And plenty of other major games that haven't been announced yet.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
We've gone through this before lol better wait till the end of 2023 to judge if it was a really good year

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
People mentioning how we said the same thing about 2022 are missing the facts most of the games that were delayed are in the polishing phase and have a very good chance of hitting 2023 (at least I hope so).

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
People said this about 2022 then everything got delayed. It's too early to tell.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could be a very solid year, but even if everything ends up coming out it's no 1998 or 2007. Let's not kid ourselves.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I remember this time last year when people thought 2022 would be crammed with big games, but for the most part that was only true up to the February/March. I think I am o ly really hyped for Nintendo stuff for the rest of the year, but as the industry likes to pretend Nintendo doesn't exist then this year sure will seem barren to most.

Same thing is going to happen with 2023 tooā€¦ It's just too soon after Covid for a huge year.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
I don't know if anything will top 1998 for me. Just to name a few:
  • OoT
  • MGS1
  • Half-Life
  • RE2
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • StarCraft

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Don't do this to yourself. Game delays are so common, I highly doubt even half of the games shown today to be releasing in next 12 months hit the target.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
People said this about this year then March ended and not much has come out since. So far the 2nd half of this year seems like outside of a few titles this year was a punt. Next year gonna have a bunch of delays too.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Half of everything announced for next year will get pushed to 24. This cycle will continue until the heat death of the universe.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for that BotW2 delay in 2023. Instead we'll be invited to buy WWHD and TPHD separately at full price.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
No. If things didn't get delayed from this year it would have been, but as things stand the big hitters are spread out over the two years too much.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Honestly, I'm usually a cynical fuck but I don't think the "50% of games will be delayed" thing will really come true. When it comes to 'big hitters', we have:

Games with Actual Dates:
- Dead Space
- Resident Evil 4

Games with a Timeframe in Q1/Q2
- Starfield
- Forza Motorsport
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Redfall
- Suicide Squad

Games with no defined date:
- BotW2
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
- Diablo IV
- Alan Wake 2
- Marvel's Spider-Man 2
- Street Fighter 6

And, from all that, I can only really see Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wake 2 falling into 2024, and I don't see any of the early-year titles being delayed that far.

I think, even if all of those "no defined date," games get massive delays, here's no chance that next year will be as relatively lacklustre as this year has turned out to be.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I hope so will see how it turns out šŸ˜‚ I said the same think last year about this year and here we are with one of the weaker years to dateā€¦ It does look pretty damn stacked tho

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
No. We say this every year until we get slapped with a bunch of delays

But Diablo 4, Replaced, and FFXVI coming in the same year is going to be MASSIVE for me

Status
Not open for further replies.