• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking horrible.

They've uploaded an additional 22 GB.

There seems to be a shitload of Street Fighter 6 data in it.

From this tweet it seems even the Maya projects of all the characters are in it.

If someone gets ahold of the files they can basically leak the entire roster even before the game is announced.

So yes if you were waiting for SF 6 info you'll be getting it soon, because sooner or later someone's gonna get those files and
lay it all bare.

At this point I just feel bad for them, this is just fucking awful.
These motherfuckers were not playing around, I think Capcom better bite the bullet and contact these guys to limit the damage.
Who knows what else they'll upload.

I don't mind this thread getting locked but the files are already in the wild and people are going to be screaming on rooftops the contents of
those SF6 folders sooner than later.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly sharing this shit is just fucked up. This would be super damaging for Capcom.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, this is awful. If anything, I at least hope this data is outdated assets from the scrapped Ono version rather than the current SFVI project.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah see...I knew that there'd be something. It was way too far in development for there not to be.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Sigh...............................
Took the expression right from my mouth. Confirmation of a game in the works is one thing but the work files of a new Street Fighter where part of the hype is seeing new trailers with new characters in action is really going to mess it all up. There's going to be a lot of people insufferable about it too.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
This will be interesting because I assumed they were restarting SF6 after Ono departure. Or that it was getting a redo regardless.

Assumed it is probably 2 years away and early in development.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
They know what they're doing, which is why they held back on the Street Fighter stuff. There may be other large stuff to come later, too.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Geez. Like I love reading leaks so I guess I'm contributing, but...

The roster (or even more) of a fighting game can cripple all marketing plans for it. Like, you can't drum up hype with stages or character changes.

Never mind how people will react to their favorites not making it in. A potential for loads of outrage, mixed in with all roster hype being gone even before the damn thing is announced.

Wow

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking horrible.

They've uploaded an additional 22 GB.

There seems to be a shitload of Street Fighter 6 data in it.

From this tweet it seems even the Maya projects of all the characters are in it.

If someone gets ahold of the files they can basically leak the entire roster even before the game is announced.

So yes if you were waiting for SF 6 info you'll be getting it soon, because sooner or later someone's gonna get those files and
lay it all bare.

At this point I just feel bad for them, this is just fucking awful.
These motherfuckers were not playing around, I think Capcom better bite the bullet and contact these guys to limit the damage.
Who knows what else they'll upload.

I don't mind this thread getting locked but the files are already in the wild and people are going to be screaming on rooftops the contents of
those SF6 folders sooner than later.
Giving into their demands won't do anything. You can guarantee they will stop.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Geez. Like I love reading leaks so I guess I'm contributing, but...

The roster (or even more) of a fighting game can cripple all marketing plans for it. Like, you can't drum up hype with stages or character changes.

Never mind how people will react to their favorites not making it in. A potential for loads of outrage, mixed in with all roster hype being gone even before the damn thing is announced.

Wow
Well put. Can you imagine if the entire Smash Bros Ultimate roster was leaked before the game was even announced. This is just horrible on so many levels.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, come onnnn. So much good stuff that Capcom has hidden that's going to inevitably leak, it sucks.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
What is more interesting than the roster is what the game looks like, since it's likely the game is being completely reworked. The code won't tell you that.

Essentially a screenshot of a beta would be more in my interests.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's just.....wow.

I can't help but continue to be morbidly curious as to the info but jeez this is a lot worse than I thought. Because this isn't just recent stuff, this is stuff potentially laid out over at least a couple years. Feel bad about my initial post in the initial thread potentially being too flippant, especially when we know now that the attackers are dangling PI out in the open.

OP
OP
Xpliskin

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, that's the thing. There's no guarantee they will stop.
At least starting some sort of dialogue would be an option.

I'm just afraid of what else they're gonna leak which can be very damaging for capcom.

This will already cause a lot of damage. Because I believe the base roster was decided awhile ago.
They can't redo SF6, once someone will upload a character list we won't even be hype for character reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.