• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Is it graphics and world size that developers care about these days? A friend of mine got the game for Christmas and he didn't play more than 20 mins saying it just plays "weird". Anyway I borrowed it and started playing. Loved the intro chapter quite a lot. Reminded me of a Coen bros show.

Now I am beginning to see what he meant. The controls and button assignments for most things in the game is absolute shit. And it is super bloated when it comes to gameplay. Many gameplay segments can be substituted with a cutscene if they feel the dialogue is important.
I'm expecting now there will be a gameplay segment where I'm gonna take a shit and I have to wipe my ass by holding and moving the right control stick while pressing X. Wtf man.

I'm at the train robbery and about to call it quits. My backlog is too big to wrestle with such sub par gameplay.

It takes forever to loot...you have to hold buttons for everything. Why do you need to hold a button for your horse to follow a person in cinematic follow mode...I lost it when it said "click and hold left stick to calm horse"...who is responsible for these design choices? Some intern? Their CFO? Wow, terribly disappointed.

And i simply cannot stand bloat/artificial gameplay. Dear developers, if the player will not engage brain activity in your gameplay segment cut it the fuck out and replace with cutscene. Or turn the game into a point click visual novel if you want story first and foremost.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like a variation of this thread is made every week.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Even if I don't like the mission style, calling it anything but AAA is silly.

The production value and details is insane even if it plays slowly.
It's made by something like 2000 people.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I think what I've learned is if the game isn't what you want - wrestling with the controls, languid pacing, the cutscene length - it's time to put it down.

The game isn't for every one, by any stretch.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I thought this thread was going to be about how no under developer has anymore near the time, money and resources of Rockstar so it's basically "AAAA".

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yes, it's a huge budget and ambitious title with cutting edge tech and a ton of staff working on it. If the point you're trying to make is AAA should = quality instead of ambition, that's subjective.

Also "AAA" is probably a dumb term tbh because it makes anyone who isn't familiar with video games think of tow trucks.

Spikemouth

Nov 30, 2018
I feel like you may not understand what the "AAA" classification stands for in the video game industry.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
You are describing AAA games lol

I'm not going to pretend I don't know what you mean tho, and yes a lot of people hate that about RDR2.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
It is literally the most AAA game possible. Huge budget, tons of marketing and hype, insane graphical quality, insane production values, narrative focus, open world, it's like everything AAA games strive to be these days. And other than in the mission design/gunplay departments (which are unfortunately for RDR 2 a big deal) it probably outdoes every AAA game ever made.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
AAA is not a quality designation. It's about the budget. It most certainly is an AAA title.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did RDR2's reviews highlight those problems? It seems a lot of players suddenly crash with that weird gameplay to say the least.

Esit: And yeah, AAA is related to budget, audio visual presentation mainly

Status
Not open for further replies.