• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
I understand if mods close this thread or ban me, and I don't mean to attack anyone personally, but over last few weeks as next gen hype has been ramping up, people's passions has really been blinding them and they are defending anything. You have people willing to take a bullet for these video game companies. I legit thought we were past the whole system-wars bullshit.

I guess you can argue and say "just ignore them" but it's become really bad honestly. I was reading the thread about the accessibility issues some individuals might have with the new PS5 controller and not being able to use the PS4 controller on it, and you have people unionically hand waving the complaints that individuals with disabilities have and post shit like "so? Just buy a new controller lmao" like..seriously? And I don't mean to target just Sony fans, you see it with all the brands now. Just a minute ago I was reading the thread about Nintendo removing Pikmin 3 on the wiiu eshop which was listed for $20 and posting it on the switch eshop for $60. Yet some posters were practically writing PR in the thread and making comments about how it's a logical business practice and they are Ok with it, and deflecting any criticism of Nintendo. It's not about whether only 5 people have a wii U still as posters were saying over and over in that thread, it's just really shitty anti-consumer move and Nintendo keeps getting away with it because people such as these are there to back them up and defend them.

Cmon era, these brands aren't your buddies. Stop taking a bullet for them so hard. I love video games as such as the next guy, but shits a little too much. Some of the threads have become unreadable because of this.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's been like this for a while sadly, and it'll only get worse with the new gen ramping up

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
My ignore button has been getting a major workout lately for this exact reason.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
It's obnoxious but it comes with the territory of a video game enthusiast forum

Like I ignore threads and users every time I see dumb shit like "hype threads" where people literally just post excited gifs or take the extra cringe step and shop their avatars onto a picture of a train and call it a hype train

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Next gen cycles are like football preseasons, anyone is cheering like they are getting paid for.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty exhausting. We're only at phase one of the fanboy firestorm, too. The longer this goes on, the worse it'll get.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
I have stopped listening to a bunch of podcasts for stuff like this. Some of them shill so hard.

I try to tune it out on here but I feel ya, it's a little much.

Oct 28, 2019
I genuinely think the forum's recent hostility is because of the advent of the highly active 'slow chat' community threads, I'll be writing a post on it later.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sick of system wars? Sometimes I like to sit back and drink an ice cold pepsi-cola.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It's been like this for a while sadly, and it'll only get worse with the new gen ramping up
Welcome to the next gen cycle.
And it will only get worse.
these next few months are going to be something

^All of this. It's always bad, but right now it's being taken to a whole new level. Across the board.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
For a forum that people like to claim is left leaning we sure do have a bunch users and threads kissing up to mega corporations and deifying sales figures

Oct 24, 2019
People begging Microsoft to buy all of WB Games and make the entire DC games universe exclusive as a way to retaliate against the Spider-Man shit with Avengers has been.... baffling, to say the least

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's to the point where I've actively disengaged from a lot of the chatter. Pretty disheartening.

Gets even worse when you remember that the majority of the forum is >30

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
It's a videogame comunity. This is how things have always worked and always will be.

Pretty sad and exhausting.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
it's not gonna change any time soon.

in fact, it will get worse in the coming months.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yep, it's pretty bad. Companies aren't your friends, they're there to sell you a product. Make a decision to buy a product or don't, they don't owe you anything and you don't owe them anything.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The funny thing is that people are not even paid and they still love to defend their poor corporation when someone dares to criticize them.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Once you realize this isn't an "enthusiast forum" and is just another GameFAQs you'll be much better off.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
It's worse on Twitter, I don't think it's as bad here. I was blocked by a particularly annoying Sony fan that has a growing fan base and is spreading bias. Worse, he's "a media professional," and that's what irks me.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
That thread about the controller and disabled people was bizarre, it clearly wasn't about console wars stuff and there were folks discussing the controller's tech??????????? Okay, the first title didn't help, but c'mon, just read the OP.
And unfortunately all of this will just get worse.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the worst part of a new gen. It will only get even worse once the new consoles actually release.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
In the lead up to next gen this place is becoming just as bad as Gaf.

Discussing the PS4 and XBO was fucking horrible on that forum, it actively sucked the fun out of getting new consoles. This place is heading the same way.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Once you realize this isn't an "enthusiast forum" and is just another GameFAQs you'll be much better off.

The good thing is that this place has an actual moderation, but if the moderation was not there, Resetera is no different from Reddit / Twitter or GameFAQs.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens when people start acting like shareholders rather than actual customers. It's a sickness, people will happily put the profits and needs of a massively rich company over both themselves and others purely out of misplaced loyalty.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
That thread about the controller and disabled people was bizarre, it clearly wasn't about console wars stuff and there were folks discussing the controller's tech??????????? Okay, the first title didn't help, but c'mon, just read the OP.
And unfortunately all of this will just get worse.

This one was (and still is) absolutely awful to read.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Console Wars time. The only thing really amplifying it this time is that the two major console makers have completely different ideologies for the first time & that's trickling down to the fanbases.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I just posted a plea for people to stop defending some of the Nintendo-specific stuff and was met with several posts about how "They're a company and can do what they want!"

I'm in disbelief over some of this stuff. Are people that afraid to give an inch for their "team?"

The hand waving over the accessibility concerns is also shit, too. C'mon. Be reasonable- it won't kill you to post "Yeah, you know what? I didn't think of that."

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of you get confused with condoning vs understanding. A lot of people praise what a company does when they make a smart move, but it doesn't mean they personally like or encourage it.
Sony is being really fucking smart about all the Marvel stuff and Nintendo knows you'll pay full price for a port and they're smart to stop selling the old version. If I were them I'd do the same.
But I don't encourage it. And considering that I own a PS4 and don't own a Switch, these two things aren't a detriment to me. I get Spider-Man and I don't care about a Pikmin remaster. I'm neutral on the whole thing. I'm neither happy nor upset. I'm not shilling for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.