• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
As everyone knows, Death Stranding's reviews already came out getting a great 86 (on OC), which was honestly quite refreshing.

It's been a while since a big AAA release had tried to do something different, something special. Something far from the shooty bang bangs that big publishers got us used to, and that the result was great, even if divisive, is incredibly impressive.

Kojima could've made "Not-MGS" and it would've obviously done much better. But he didn't, he decided to take a risk so that the first game he's ever made since leaving Konami is one that didn't left anyone indifferent. This is the kind of bravery I'd like to see more on the AAA space, less generic open worlds, less GAAS FPS games and more original ideas. So even if I end up not liking the game, I'll definitely appreciate him just trying to break out of the norm and trying to progress games not as a service, but as an artform.

Status
Not open for further replies.