• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
According to a Finnish website -

DISREGARD TITLE.

The owners of Remedy have SOLD approximately 1.4 percent of the company stocks ahead of the release of Control.

People much smarter than me about this indicate this has nothing to do with a takeover and is most likely a result of a higher than average stock value.

Apologize if misinterpreting or if it's already been reported. Mods can you please edit title?

Last edited:

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the classic trick of when someone is about to pay you a premium for something you have and you sell it to someone else without the premium before they can pay you.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Are investors now drawing conclusions from your sales?

"That's what I can't say. I still hold 95% of my Remedy ownership, Markus is probably 96%. "

Remedy's share fell nearly seven percent on Friday afternoon.

Not significant in the grand scheme.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you sell shares in a company when you're expecting to be purchased. Think people.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
According to a Finnish website -

The owners of Remedy have sold a large amount of shares (170,000) of the company ahead of the release of Control.

I'm unsure what this all means - possibly buyout from a company, lack of faith in the product, or something I've completely misunderstood.

Apologize if misinterpreting or if it's already been reported.

As mentioned in the SIE thread, their stock saw a significant bump so they decided to sell.

I think some people are looking too closely for things that aren't there and in doing so are misinterpreting actions.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Why are so many people talking about acqusitions? Their new game is about to launch, there's 0 reason to suspect that they're being acquired.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah yes, the classic trick of when someone is about to pay you a premium for something you have and you sell it to someone else without the premium before they can pay you.
Yeah lol. Ppl don't understand the stock market. Probably folks just unloading stocks due to the recent rise in price. Control looks to underperform so better to sell now if you are thinking of selling at all

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Uhh wouldn't this be more related to their expectations on Control.
Also people always sell shares in companies when their values increase to a point where they think they should offload or sell them.

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Sony ain't buying them they just snuggling up because there were some sour grapes with MS and it's the first Remedy game on PS in forever

syllogism

Oct 25, 2017
The article has an interview regarding their intent and timing. Nothing too interesting, but they still hold roughly 95% of their original holdings.

e: ah, mentioned above

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Control has zero hype, probably expecting a bomb so quickly cashing in on the previous bump. Makes sense, though it's a bad look.

They sound optimistic,

Then, Virtala admits that he already knows how the game has been received in advance estimates and pre-sold in selected markets.

"Now let's just say we have a positive, enthusiastic atmosphere."

Much more cannot be disclosed by the CEO of a listed company.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This could also mean some stockholders expect control to bomb. Outside of here I've heard zero hype on the game.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Their stock became more valuable lately so they sold it at good price to get some extra cash it seems.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not actually sure whether you can count expecting bad game sales under insider information, due to the erratic nature of game sales it's info that wouldn't have been known to them either.
They are privy to pre-order sales information, however, and should be able to extrapolate sales to get a more educated guess than you and I could.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
170,000 shares is a little over 1.4%, I wouldn't really call that a lot. Share prices having gone up significantly the last few weeks so they probably just saw it as a good time to make some money.
Why would you sell shares in a company when you're expecting to be purchased. Think people.
This as well. When a public company gets bought their share value tends in inflate, especially if such an acquisitions leaks beforehand. Even just looking at the history of Remedy's share price the price jumped €0.60 on the day PushSquare published their article about them having heard Sony was considering a bid. Obviously it could have jumped for other reasons, but it's still interesting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
There are 14 million total shares of Remedy. 170,000 shares is miniscule (roughly 1% of the company shares). It also accounts to roughly €2 million, which does not sound like a scoop, and sound more like investors buying into Remedy's future as Finland's gaming powerhouse.

Is Remedy ready to be bought out? I'm not sure. Their financial statements sound like they are enjoying their independence, and are planning to release a game or expansion pack every year.

Is this just the owners of Remedy (who own majority of the shares) selling some of their shares before the release of Control, to make quick money and enjoy a vacation.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
People really are acquisition hungry, huh? I hope Insomniac is the last of them. Also, why would Sony want to buy Remedy? They would add nothing.
We are about see Alan Wake ports on PlayStation (s) next year, and Control expansion pack as well. 505 Games also has a deal with EGS so I'm sure they recouped some money. The company is doing good.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remedy stock hasn't been moving very fast. One plausible explanation is just that they sold because they could, as there's been more buzz around the company due to Control release.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Taking advantage of a significant bump in stock is normal. 170k shares probably not even that large in terms of overall available stock.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Not significant in the grand scheme.
As mentioned in the SIE thread, their stock saw a significant bump so they decided to sell.

I think some people are looking too closely for things that aren't there and in doing so are misinterpreting actions.

Really glad (and somewhat surprised) to find at least one sensible voice in a ResetEra thread on stocks.

People are skipping these two posts; they definitely should be in the OP or threadmarked.

Also I gotta say there's a surprising number of people here who don't really seem to know that insider trading is very much illegal and not particularly hard to catch.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Not surprising i feel like there is zero hype for Control and i forgot its coming out now if i wouldnt saw the launch trailer thread.

Hope im wrong and it turns out be like Days Gone that felt like zero hype when releasing but sold great.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If someone is about to buy a company you don't sell your stock because the price usually goes up in a buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.