• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
That time is now. (Also no, Amazon does not own MGM yet nor influenced MGM to make this.)

https://deadline.com/2021/06/lily-collins-lena-dunham-polly-pocket-mattel-mgm-movie-1234781047/

Micro-doll Polly Pocket is getting amplified for the big screen in a new live-action Mattel and MGM movie that Golden Globe Girls winner Lena Dunham will write and direct, with Lily Collins set to star as the title character as well as produce.

Dunham's production company Good Thing Going will also produce the movie about a young girl and a pocket-sized woman who form a friendship. Robbie Brenner and Kevin McKeon will oversee the feature for Mattel Films. Sandino Moya-Smith and Winnie Carrillo will lead for MGM. Good Thing Going's Liz Watson and Michael P. Cohen will serve as EPs.

"Polly Pocket was responsible for countless hours of childhood escapism for me – Polly gave me a tiny world of magic and autonomy to narrate, so it's pretty poetic to be tackling these same ideas now as a director collaborating with the brilliant Lily Collins, Robbie Brenner, Mattel and MGM," Dunham said Thursday. "I'm so thrilled to bring to bear both my love of this historic property and also my deep-seated belief that young women need smart playful films that speak to them without condescension."

Said Collins: "I'm so excited to partner with this inspiring powerhouse of a team. Developing this project with Robbie, Lena, Mattel and MGM to reintroduce Polly in a fun, modern way has been such a treat. As a child who was obsessed with Polly Pocket, this is a real dream come true and I can't wait to bring these tiny toys to the big screen."

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
How is Lena Dunham still getting work after that book of hers?

Also, why prolly pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.