• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
This thread is meant to remember all the salt that has been given to Nintendo for all these years because moving away from live events was basically like

"skipping E3"
"a sign that they are giving up"
"not included in the E3 conversation because it was not a real conference" (i've heard this one even last year from journalists and Youtube Live at E3)

and here we are 7 years after the very first Nintendo Direct.

- Nintendo are still doing them, they kept improving the format and it is very successful for them.
- Square Enix hosted their first digital event during E3 last year.
- Sony is debuting their Nintendo Direct style of presentation today and they are actually skipping E3.
- EA announced that they won't have a press conference at E3, but segments for each game (what Nintendo has been doing for years with Treehouse Live)
- Microsoft is doing their own version of the Direct focusing more on behind the scenes interviews and little announcements, while still keeping the annual conference.
- even small publishers like NISA, Team17 and others are doing their own "Directs" now.

Will this be enough to change people's minds, or "is Microsoft going to win E3" automatically because they are the last one to host a traditional press conference? (you can pass me this one)

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know why Sony skipped E3, they'll pen have their own conference.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
The format now with going from trailer to trailer (or gameplay demo) gets me right to what I want to see.

No sketches, no hosts dawdling on and on filling time, just more games. That's precisely what I want, and Nintendo has figured that out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Digital events were always great - people who didn't know what they are talking about were hating on everything Nintendo did around that time because the WiiU was struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.