• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When GAF updated their site recently, many on here were chastising it for "looking like crap" or other sentiments in a similar vein. This was a couple of weeks before the new update here on ResetEra.

Now that I've had time to digest this new ResetEra, I realise that the themes and interactions are eerily similar to one another.

I don't have much to comment on this matter, it's just an observation and was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing.

I'm a romanticist and would love everyone to come together sometime in the future and form a new "ResetGAF" or "NeoEra". I'm 99.999% certain that will never happen though, lol.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
In looks only.

Dont judge a book by its cover yada yada

spool

Oct 27, 2017
The redesign has been out for so long now, and none of the major flaws have been fixed.

Have they even been acknowledged? I'm starting to lose hope here.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rift already exists. Thats why there are two sites
The rift still upsets me daily. It's like parents getting a divorce. I feel that each site is only half (maybe less) as strong as what NeoGAF used to be with everyone together. Of course, there are always reasons that lead to a divorce, too.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
would any other xenforo 2 forum have this powering it

lAOvGY5.jpg

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The redesign has been out for so long now, and none of the major flaws have been fixed.

Have they even been acknowledged? I'm starting to lose hope here.
One thing I miss the most is a simple way of refreshing or loading the latest posts without refreshing. That seems to be gone from both sites.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Xenforo 2 sucks on mobile. trying to reply to a thread and it lags like shit.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just checked it out. Looks way worse than I remembered. Old GAF design was the best. But it is what it is.

Also side note - wow that place died out quickly.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
One thing I miss the most is a simple way of refreshing or loading the latest posts without refreshing. That seems to be gone from both sites.
Awhile back I decided to just see what's changed there, site wise. They have "GAF Gold" now for real (instead of a joke). One of the features is it updates new posts without refreshing the page. So if they can do it, Era could do it for free eventually.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Awhile back I decided to just see what's changed there, site wise. They have "GAF Gold" now for real (instead of a joke). One of the features is it updates new posts without refreshing the page. So if they can do it, Era could do it for free eventually.
Really?

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hmmm. I just checked it out and it looks fine.....BUT.....I DO like their section dedicated to streamers. I think Era should bite that feature just to give the streamers on this site more visibility. I think it would be neat.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I can't believe the sidebar bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Also it annoys me that the other place has a legacy theme but Era doesn't.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't know anything about alt-right, left-wing, nothing. I just like talking about games. :) Love some of the people here, love some of the people there.

GAF is run by a sexual assaulter and the forum is now overtaken by racists.

I refuse to believe you're ignorant as to what happened. You've been here since literally day one. I don't think you're being honest.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about alt-right, left-wing, nothing. I just like talking about games. :) Love some of the people here, love some of the people there.
You can't ignore what NeoGAF is nowadays, nor the community that has been deliberately fostered there.

Blame Evilore for giving up his progressive credentials and openly courting the alt-right the very second people started calling him out as a creep en masse.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GAF is run by a sexual assaulter and the forum is now overtaken by racists.

I refuse to believe you're ignorant as to what happened. You've been here since literally day one. I don't think you're being honest.

I totally know what happened. 100%. I'm not denying that I know what happened. I'm not suggesting a reunion, just expressing nostalgia for the olden days.

Status
Not open for further replies.