• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2017
India
Since journalists have done their jobs of reviewing the game and submitting their reviews, I wanted to do a "Community Review" thingy for my publication where I wanted to take two paragraphs from each participant who played the game, finished it and had a reasonable amount of time spent with the game to form a conclusion.

This would help readers/viewers determine who this game is for, its main attributes and which category of gamers would enjoy it - fun-loving, gamers who love story-centric games etc.

So, once the game's out, and you're done playing it, kindly write back in this thread and help me with the article. Peace!

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Since journalists have done their jobs of reviewing the game and submitting their reviews, I wanted to do a "Community Review" thingy for my publication where I wanted to take two paragraphs from each participant who played the game, finished it and had a reasonable amount of time spent with the game to form a conclusion.

This would help readers/viewers determine who this game is for, its main attributes and which category of gamers would enjoy it - fun-loving, gamers who love story-centric games etc.

Hey, uh, if you want other people to write content for your website maybe, you know...pay them?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I could write you two solid paragraphs right now having never played the game, and I promise they'd be indistinguishable from two paragraphs from someone who's beaten it twice over.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada

First, the game takes 12 hours to finish. Outlets received review codes before the weekend started. I'm not sure what gathering purple prose from forums will do to provide reasonable reactions to a video game, especially when outlets had more than enough time to come up with a justified full experience.

Second, it's impossible to verify how much time has been spent by those giving feedback, hence not doing due diligence in the piece. Differentiating between reviewers and "the real people" is a very questionable take.

Third, soliciting crowdthink and profiting off of it is so gross.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I was more illustrating that you have no way of proving the validity of these contributions. Critics might not be perfect, but if nothing else we can generally assume they've put some solid time into the game they speak to.

Your idea is nice, but honestly forums and comment sections kind of do this for you already.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
So you want peoples impressions for an article in which people can look at impressions, something that will be posted in many threads on lots of different forums anyway, then you'll take those for your own use and profit off of them while the people who actually wrote something get nothing.

Sounds like a totally flawless idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.