• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
A Belgium retailer has allegedly been spotted putting a warning on its PlayStation 5 section, telling potential customers that they may want to reconsider their purchase due to Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

A Belgium retailer has allegedly been spotted putting a warning on its PlayStation 5 section, telling potential customers that they may want to reconsider their purchase due to Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
As pictured by Twitter user HazzadorGamin, Belgium supermarket chain Cora is claimed to have placed the notice on its shelves, which reads: "Notice to gamers, Microsoft has bought Activision! Choose your machine carefully (Call of Duty)".

Cora has more than 60 stores in France, and 20 more in Romania, Belgium and Luxembourg.
www.videogameschronicle.com

Retailer reportedly puts warning notice on PS5s: ‘Microsoft has bought Activision!’ | VGC

Supermarket tells customers to “choose your machine carefully” following deal news…

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
pPdNZ3c_d.webp

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This seems kind of silly to me? Who buys one of these hard to obtain consoles without doing research?

If it was a widely available console being bought by uninformed parents then I would get it.

Jul 1, 2020
I think the crowd that buys Call of Duty every year is disconnected enough from the enthusiast gaming audience that a notice like that is a good heads up.

Aside from everything else... Microsoft hasn't 'bought' Activision.
This is also true but from the sounds of it the deal will go through as planned barring some catastrophic event.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
It is important info for the decision making process but it's worded in a way that comes across as console warry.

"Please note that Microsoft has agreed to acquire Activision, developers of Call of Duty. Future installments may be exclusive" is better.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I thought this was a troll/prank by someone who didn't work at the store? Almost sure I read that last week

Jul 2, 2021

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
As if people who be in the store and expect to find stock to begin with.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I think the crowd that buys Call of Duty every year is disconnected enough from the enthusiast gaming audience that a notice like that is a good heads up.

I don't think there's any issue with the intent of the notice as a warning to people who just buy these things for Call of Duty - assuming that WAS the intent, and it wasn't just some Xbox fanboy taking the opportunity to "help" customers. Of course Sony might feel differently about one of their retailers literally warding people off their console, and justifiably so.

The actual problem is simply that the notice isn't really accurate. The acquisition isn't complete yet, and we don't know what the future of CoD is yet aside from "reports" that the next couple of years will be status quo.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
that'd make some kind of sense but it's still stupid.

not everyone follows gaming news and a lot of people only play the big games likes CoD, Fifa, GTA. if someone is buying a PS5 they might expect to use it for 6, 7, 8 years. if one of their favourite games is potentially going to become an exclusive to Xbox then i get warning them but again it's a bit silly to do that right now.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
He does realize he still needs to sell those right?

Like, he can't just give them back.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I don't think there's any issue with the intent of the notice as a warning to people who just buy these things for Call of Duty - assuming that WAS the intent, and it wasn't just some Xbox fanboy taking the opportunity to "help" customers. Of course Sony might feel differently about one of their retailers literally warding people off their console, and justifiably so.

The actual problem is simply that the notice isn't really accurate. The acquisition isn't complete yet, and we don't know what the future of CoD is yet aside from "reports" that the next couple of years will be status quo.
Agree with the first part. However for someone who only plays CoD and maybe a few sports games a year, its important to let them know that Microsoft is acquiring Activision, even if the deal falls through, people aren't made of money to be buying multiple consoles and they lose nothing by going Xbox instead of PS just to be sure they won't ever miss out on CoD.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they care? A sale is a sale? lmao.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, I love this. Fanboys straight up kill me.

"Have you all SEEN Game Pass?! That shit is straight ILLEGAL"
q0sFkT9_d.webp

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Why would they care? A sale is a sale? lmao.
yup. they could shift a PS5 now easily and maybe in a couple years the same person will come back to buy an Xbox to play CoD.

from a retailer pov it stupid to do this but maybe they are stupid or too kind. i don't know lol.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Word of mouth is so important nowadays. People are just brainless followers it seems. The internet is already hailing the death of Sony, this won't help Sony.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
This is fake. It was made by a fanboy Xbox. No retailer would be stupid enough to do this.

No retailer would literally tell their employees to put up a notice like that. However I could easily see someone who works at one of said stores deciding to put such a notice up - whether to legitimately try and be helpful because they saw this on the news or something, or to get their console warz on.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This seems kind of silly to me? Who buys one of these hard to obtain consoles without doing research?

Lol, you really underestimate the average consumer. I imagine by the time COD games go full Xbox exclusive it'll be common knowledge via word of mouth, but I can promise that most people don't look that much into it

Status
Not open for further replies.