• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/5/moroccan-child-rescue

Workers retrieved the body of young boy on Saturday who was trapped for five days in a well in northern Morocco.

The royal palace said in a statement carried by state media the boy had died before rescuers could save him. Moroccan King Mohammed VI expressed his condolences to the boy's parents.

What a sad sad story, they had been trying to save the kid for 5 days. Rest in peace.

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
This is terrible, all Arab networks and social media blew up with the news they managed to get to him, but it was too late, RIP young one.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
So you just made a thread to make everyone feel bad or what?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Cannot imagine imagining what your child went through over and over and over again as a parent. Awful.

OP
OP
LNBL

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So you just made a thread to make everyone feel bad or what?

Uh what? This was the most covered news story in the arab world in the past 5 days, we've been following it daily. Was surprised it was not mentioned here at all. Do you comment this on all threads that are about people passing away?

medium_cool

Nov 25, 2021
I just head on the radio they rescued him but didn't update his condition, now I see why. Heartbreaking…

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Really horrible way to go. I hope the safety of these wells can be improved to prevent this ever happening again.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the leading story on multiple news outlets including CNN.

Ans as we all know, people need more of the 24h news cycle.

First time hearing about this. RIP to the child and condolences to his parents. It's tragic that so many spent 5 days trying to rescue him and it was too late just as they got to him.

Come on now. This is your take?
What take is there to be had about a child dying exactly? Everyone with a shred of empathy will feel bad. There is a rule against threads like this:

Do Not Create: Shock Threads

These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.

What potential for discussion do you guys see here?

Oct 28, 2017
Ans as we all know, people need more of the 24h news cycle.

What take is there to be had about a child dying exactly? Everyone with a shred of empathy will feel bad. There is a rule against threads like this:

What potential for discussion do you guys see here?

How the fuck is this shocking? He was trapped in a well for five days, everyone knew this was a possible outcome.

Oct 26, 2017
Explain to me what's cynical about not wanting to expose people to more unecessary bad news.

Who made you the determining factor in what news get posted here? Or what news is "unnecessary"? So many times there have been news like these posted, whether it's a celebrity death or otherwise. As far as I see, you don't have a moderator tag, and all you're doing is thread whining.

May 14, 2021
Im sure he'll rest easier knowing his death led to an idiotic thread derail, because some people just can't NOT click on a thread.

RIP Rayan. I assumed wrongly they would rescue him.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Absolutely heartbreaking. Can't imagine how scared he was and how devastated the parents must be. RIP Rayan

Oct 27, 2017
This is too bad. Was hoping for a recovery.

Whatever trauma this is reminding you of, gamma, we're here to listen and talk. In another thread, though.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Innalillahi wa Inna Ilaihi raajioun.

Status
Not open for further replies.