• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
More specifically, Sabi relays word of some scuttlebutt they recently heard, which claims that both games were originally planned to be revealed this month before the coronavirus disrupted everything. Now, the games will likely be revealed in July when Xbox reveals its first and second-party Xbox Series X games. More interesting though is word that both will also release within the first year of the console.
comicbook.com

Perfect Dark and Fable Xbox Series X Games Will Reportedly Be Revealed Soon

According to a new report, alongside Halo Infinite, Microsoft is planning to launch a new Perfect [...]

This should be taken with a big grain of salt (Iirc, Sabi got some things right, some things wrong ?).

But this doesn't sound impossible to me as Perfect Dark and Fable are rumored to be in the works since quite a long time now.
IGN was reporting as soon as January 2018 that "The Coalition are allegedly assisting on a new Perfect Dark game with another unnamed studio" (https://youtu.be/Ig_nh_rLeG0?t=385).
(and it turned out that The Coalition is actually helping The Initiative
)

There were also Fable rumors the same month in 2018 (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-17-sources-microsoft-plots-fable-return).

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is defo BS. Feel like The Initiative's game will be a tentpole 2022 release for XGS. Wouldn't really make sense to get all these games out in the first year imo but who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe them when I see them, but it seems odd to launch 2 major 1st person FPS titles in the same year

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that this big game y'all were waiting for is planned for this year. You know, this one. Plans might change though.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on what's there at launch, I may wait until a *potential* Fable game releases to pick up the XSX. I want a new entry in that series so bad.

Oct 25, 2017
73sLg92.png

www.resetera.com

PSA: Do not inform yourself through NintendoSoup (now a banned source)

EDIT: This was about Nintendo Soup . Com but the website has been fortunately banned from era in the course of this thread, hence the "******" in the post. I've seen a recurring trend over the last few months/a year that the website started gaining a lot of attention with threads being made...

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see what a 2021 perfect dark looks like
This is the guy that just blurts out whatever people tell him though so who knows

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
73sLg92.png

www.resetera.com

PSA: Do not inform yourself through NintendoSoup (now a banned source)

EDIT: This was about Nintendo Soup . Com but the website has been fortunately banned from era in the course of this thread, hence the "******" in the post. I've seen a recurring trend over the last few months/a year that the website started gaining a lot of attention with threads being made...

the word journalist has never been dragged through the mud as much as with wannabe video games insiders

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
My word means nothing to y'all and I don't have verification but I will go out and say that I have heard the same for Fable, Halo. afaik, Halo is still being pushed for this year (launch) and Fable basically asap. Perfect Dark I've got no clue on.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I could see that. Halo this year, Fable sometime after that and Perfect Dark next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Sabi is known for piggybacking off of existing rumors, and rumors have already been circulating for Perfect Dark and Fable.

Other than that, they're not really all that reliable.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is he or she reliable? But if true, oh my!

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
We know Halo is coming and PG have been working on the rumoured Fable for several years.

I only recently found out about the new Perfect Dark. But with 2 studios working on it I can see a release soon! Coalition's Gears online has been great so I'm excited to see this overall project.

Perfect Dark incorporating classic Spliner Cell mechanics enhanced with ray tracing technology is the dream.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
if you pay any attention or visit the XGS thread ones in a while to keep up what the studios do then you know this is doubtful.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I mean, Halo at launch and Fable in 2021 doesn't seem that outlandish really. I'm a little more doubtful on PD coming out in the next 18 months though.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of whether or not it's first or third person, I really hope a new Perfect Dark has level and mission design like Golden Eye and the OG PD. The way you got more and more objectives on harder difficulties was brilliant and I'm sad it never took off.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh this prick?

Take it from the Nintendo fans. Do not give this asshole a time of your ears, Microsoft fans.

Trust me.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
The only way this would be possible is if Fable and Perfect Dark were developed by external partners through XGS Publishing.

Both games are all but confirmed to be developed at Playground and Initiative respectively.

Playground are still hiring tons of key roles for their RPG team and Initiative is barely 40-odd people. Again, no chance of this happening.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why Microsoft would cannibalise their own sales like this, and I don't get why they would put so much pressure on studious to launch this year when they'd have time to let them breath. Seems like complete BS to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Their first party output has been better but still really paltry the last few years, almost Wii U 2015-16 levels imo, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was their target.

If they can truly get Fable, Halo, and PD out in 12 months after launch, and if Fable/PD are exclusive, I will strongly consider getting an XSX/S.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I know that much about Sabi, but this feels like a prediction/leak that covers all his/her bases. Plus, it's something that most people who follow Xbox news would be able to say.

We already know that Halo is coming. Fable is considered practically confirmed. And we're getting there with Perfect Dark as well.

If and when PD and Fable gets announced for 2021 or later, the leaker can just say "well I told you things could have changed".

Status
Not open for further replies.