• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take with a grain of salt, since another review on the site claimed Retro Studios was in trouble and it wasn't. But anyway, I was on a Discord server and someone on there found this GlassDoor review of Retro Studios and on it it says:
"There was a cancelled game on Switch that was in Development since 2015 but was later cancelled in September 2018. It was meant to be a racing game based on Star Fox."
If you recall, there was a rumor of a Star Fox Racing game on Switch called Star Fox Grand Prix.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Retro-Studios-RVW23690077.htm

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Considering the original source of the Star Fox GP rumor I'm pretty sure it never existed.

DoctorOak

Feb 22, 2018
United Kingdom
All of those reviews are pretty patently nonsense. The one you're referring to barely even references the actual job - it's just full of forum bait. It's bollocks.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Could be real and the disgruntled former employee wanted to leak things. Could be fake and some random wanted to get all the message boards up in speculation.

I lean towards the latter.

This is their statement regarding verification of employees though.
https://help.glassdoor.com/article/Does-Glassdoor-verify-employees/en_US

At Glassdoor, we aim to verify as much of our data as possible. Considering the reality of our digital age, however, we're unable to fully confirm our users' identities, the truthfulness of their contributions, or their employment status.

Through our Terms of Use, we do require users to certify their employee relationships to companies when posting any content. We also require email verification from a permanent, active email address, or a valid social networking account.

Along with our active community moderation and our commitment to review every contribution, this verification process helps us identify suspicious users or posts—and ensures our confidence in the information we provide to job seekers.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't believe this for a second.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So Retro was having trouble getting a game out for literally years, and Nintendo hands them a game that had been spent years having development troubles of its own?

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
That review reads like it was written by a 14-year old Reddit troll.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which one of the reviews there are funnier, the one where someone just says the game was cancelled or the next one who says Nintendo is closing Retro this year "if they don't introduce microtransactions or lootboxes".

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I look forward to the Yelp review revealing that an official port of Mother 3 was cancelled by Nintendo.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I still can't get over the thread/theory about Star Fox racing actually being Star Link. That's incredibly funny and sad at the same time

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was rumored there were 2 retro games and one wasn't looking good

I guess this was star fox so wonder what the other is that was doing fine?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Glassdoor is the last place I'd go to for a reliable opinion on anything, even the quality of a workplace.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ok so guys I'm an ex-employee at Retro Studios TRUST ME and Star Fox Grand Prix is actually Labo Kit 5.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
So Retro was having trouble getting a game out for literally years, and Nintendo hands them a game that had been spent years having development troubles of its own?

I mean, whether the review is from a real employee or not, your post is a pretty literal explanation of what seems to be going on with Retro. It was 5 years between their last release and the announcement of Prime 4 being rebooted and sent to them.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, whether the review is from a real employee or not, your post is a pretty literal explanation of what seems to be going on with Retro. It was 5 years between their last release and the announcement of Prime 4 being rebooted and sent to them.

I'm just saying it sounds really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.