• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Suikoden on GamePass, lets do this.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I looked at there most recent tweets and they are all console warrior Xbox posts, they have 2000 followers, I can safely say this is fake

Like, this is their pinned tweet

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
even more reliable than 4chan e3 rumors, pastebin e3 rumors.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Pastebin rumors...
iwUUE2g.gif

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
While I would like for Sony or MS to get Konami's catalog so games would actually be made again, I doubt this rumor more than the debunked Sony one.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
At least the Sony rumors was believable, because they were after an IP. But the entire Konami catalog? Eh. I'll believe it when I see it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, it'll be Nintendo's turn to buy out Konami franchises in a few weeks, right?

Jan 21, 2019
If true, and that's a big if, I hope they let Japanese devs develop for these ips and not Western developers. Japanese culture shaped these franchises a lot and they should remain with their creators.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Based on the Pastebin it doesn't even sound like Microsoft gets full ownership since Konami would still be able to use current IP's for (gambling-based) games and continue giving Konami money for any current games as well as remasters/ports/remakes of any existing Konami game.

What sort of deal is that?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Does anyone remember when The Know (or maybe Inside Gaming?) said MS was going to buy Silent Hill like 4 years ago for an insane amount of money... then it never happened and they just never acknowledged it

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
It's funny. When Microsoft was still buying studios, I suggested they should just buy Konami's gaming portion, since it's not like Konami themselves seem that interested in making games any more.

As for this rumour? Meh. I'll defer to anyone know knows if this person has credibility as an "insider", but this is one of those rumours that sounds too strange to be true.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I dont care who buys them as long as they are taking away from those mad men

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You know what? I don't care who buys the catalogue, but someone has to!
These ips are incredibly underused.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Stop entertaining these laughable rumors, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.