• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Disclaimer: I have no clue how legit this is or if the guy in the chat is even an employee at Valve. So please take this with a grain of salt.

Not sure if this is widely known information, I did a search and didn't really see anything.

Along with the Source engine leak, a conversation between the creator of Valve News Network (Tyler McVicker) and presumably an employee at Valve also leaked. There's a bunch of stuff in it but I found these to be the most interesting.

Here are some snippets:

Valve trying to hire Kojima said:
[10/25/2016 9:46:45 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: funfact: we wanted to employ kojima but sony outbid us by - like a lot
[10/25/2016 9:46:56 PM] Tyler McVicker: I have seen some shit, and I have stories
[10/25/2016 9:47:24 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: not when he visited, way back when all the shit at konami went down

Nintendo exclusive said:
[3:18:12 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: just got out of the nintendo meeting
[3:18:18 PM] Tyler McVicker: Cool
[3:18:33 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: they offered 6 figures for an exclusive
[3:18:47 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: we're thinking about it
[3:19:05 PM] Tyler McVicker: That's pretty interesting
[3:19:21 PM] Tyler McVicker: Probably a Unity made game
[3:19:43 PM] Tyler McVicker: Something Puzzle, attached to Aperture
[3:19:44 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: could be unreal. most here seem to be team unreal and NX supports it
[3:19:55 PM] Tyler McVicker: Nice
[3:20:02 PM] Tyler McVicker: Unreal is cool too
[3:20:04 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: switch, sorry. that's a habit by now
[3:20:10 PM] Tyler McVicker: I still call it NX
[3:20:27 PM] Tyler McVicker: I reported on that thing since it's first announcement, it's NX to me for a while
[3:20:41 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: we got 5 of each
[3:20:47 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: there are 2 versions
[3:20:52 PM] Tyler McVicker: What do you mean each?
[3:21:09 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: one with just the screen part that looks more or less identical to the one in the reveal video
[3:21:36 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: and one with a "box" at the back with built in lan and a controller port
[3:21:57 PM] Tyler McVicker: Oh, so a dev unit
[3:22:09 PM] Cephalon Cephalon: yeah, they're final internals though

The full chat log with more stuff about Nintendo here: https://pastebin.com/GBfpKXMs

Mods, please delete this thread or link to the chat log if it's not allowed.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Tyler talked about that Nintendo exclusive some time ago and I think he has a video about it. Though this is the first time I'm hearing about Kojima.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd add that this came from VNN/Tyler in the title. Guy's not exactly a trustworthy source, so people might want to know where this came from before they read the thread.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo offered a 6 figures checks to Vavle, to make an Aperture theme puzzle game exclusive for the Switch ?

Seems... very low for such an offer? under a million ?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...I mean, I might be badly estimating costs, but ... Wouldn't 6 figures be basically nothing for a videogame exclusive, lol. Surely that's the kind of thing where you expect them to bankroll a significant portion of development.

That makes it sound very made up to me.

OP
OP
Subutai

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
I'd add that this came from VNN/Tyler in the title. Guy's not exactly a trustworthy source, so people might want to know where this came from before they read the thread.
I added a disclaimer in the thread that it may not be legit. Sadly, I cannot edit thread titles to include that.

Seems legit.

6 figures seems pretty damn low for a Kojima exclusive.

6 figures are for a Nintendo exclusive, not a Kojima exclusive.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
"Most here seem to be team unreal and NX supports it
switch, sorry. that's a habit by now

*tips fedora*"

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Given that anyone can make a pastebin with anything they want, there's pretty much a 100% chance this is full of it. Given that, we're locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.