• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Ohya, who previously talked about Persona 5 R before its original announcement, revealed earlier today that Persona 5 S will be released on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 during Fall 2019. An official confirmation will be coming before May, so it seems like Atlus may reveal one of the two releases first during March, as teased in January.

(Source)

Here we go again. For what it's worth, Persona 5 S being the name of a Switch version lines up with earlier rumors and domain registrations.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is clearly holding Atlus off from the announcement to coincide with Joker's inclusion in Smash which we know is coming before April ends so it checks out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Any particular reason why the PS4 part is being left out of the thread title? If the updated version is going to both systems that's still pretty notable.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Saying the announcement is coming before May when we know there's a major concert in April is hardly trying.

Not saying they're faking but gonna need something a little better here to make me put the bucket of salt away.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm guessing its a Full Collection with all the DLCs if its also being released on PS4?

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any particular reason why the PS4 part is being left out of the thread title? If the updated version is going to both systems that's still pretty notable.
We already know it's coming to PS4?

Then what's Persona 5 R?
The PS4 version

So what other queerphobic and sexist shit are they looking to add for this rerelease?
Hopefully they take this chance to remove those things from the game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It goes without saying that PS4 is getting a piece of the pie when the teaser trailer earlier this month had the PS logo front and center.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Both Fes, Portable, and Golden were good re-releases with lots of extra content so I'm sure this will be worth the replay.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
How old is the game already? Just get it over and focus on Persona6 or a new story/game.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Played a shit ton in PS4 but never finished it...not sure if I wanna switch it up or just get a cheap copy on PS4 :/

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm guessing its a Full Collection with all the DLCs if its also being released on PS4?

Yes, ALL the DLC... which is exactly none.

In fact I think the game still hasn't gotten a single patch since release.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that P5 did in fact have tons of (cosmetic) DLC like costumes and so on. My bad. I was thinking in terms of actual expansion pack-style DLC, à la Frozen Wilds.

Last edited:

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so in. Never finished it on PS4–the switch version will make it so much more manageable.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nintendo is clearly holding Atlus off from the announcement to coincide with Joker's inclusion in Smash which we know is coming before April ends so it checks out.

Nintendo doesn't have the power to "hold off" Atlus. Most likely the P5 Switch port and Joker's addition will be shown independently.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So what will S be? If R and S are seperate, is R the fighting game and S the directors cut/added content release?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, a PS4 version is already confirmed by Atlus themselves. I didn't feel the need to talk about it in a rumor.
What...since when. All the P5R announcement said was that it was related to multiple projects, it didn't say what those were.

The tweet you posted even states that P5S is coming to Switch and PS4 which wasn't announced.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's a definite announcement at the concert (not sure about the switch part).

No interest going through a port again but I'd be game if there were enhancements in the vein of Golden. They wouldn't enhance what I'd want them to, but if it has some extra stuff I'd want to play it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.