• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
Multiple sites are not reporting(posting,sharing,saying) that carrefour in french has leaked the ps5 pricing and the price of its accessories.
www.phonandroid.com

PS5 et Xbox Series X : Carrefour dévoile le prix des deux consoles et des accessoires

Carrefour a publié par erreur une page de précommande avec le prix de la PS5 et de la Xbox Series X, mais aussi le tarif des accessoires.
www.t3.com

PS5 price leak blunder gives fans the scoop on PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition 🤐

A French retailer drops PS5 price bombshell before removing details from its site
www.manners.nl

Franse winkelketen lekt prijzen Playstation 5

De prijskaartjes van de Xbox Series X en de Playstation 5 bleven lang een mysterie, tot nu. Een Franse winkelketen onthulde de PS5.

PS5 Digital edition : 399 euro
PS4 standard edition: 499 euro

ps4 duelsense : 49,90 euro

prix-accessoires-PS5-carrefour.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
this is old, weren't these prices already said to be placeholders

maybe that's why they're not being reported, OP

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
50 euro for the controller? I doubt that.
All the accessories having the same price is doubtful also.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Why would they of all people know the price when Sony has been so secretive all this time?

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No way the pulse headset will be only 50€. And that would make a new dual sense cheaper than a dual shock 4 no?
I also think 100€ is too much of a difference between the digital and physical version

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Only 50 bucks for the DualSense would be neat, given that the DualSock 3 and 4 both were 60€

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Dualsense price seems lower than I would expect. I dunno if I'd have expected there to be a difference that big between the two models, either.

Can you actually place orders at these prices? If they're just placeholder, I don't know if we can read too much into these numbers.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Placeholder prices most likely. On first glance the console prices could be right but no way the headset or dual sense go for €50.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Must be a pricey blu Ray drive
That's not how this works. The drive itself would be around $20 if we go by current day prices. But if you buy games on disc both Sony and the developer will get less money from your purchase, so you pay a premium, or no; you get a discount on the digital console since you'd have to buy less games for them to start making a profit off of you.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fake as hell, the dual sense isn't going to cost less and there won't be $100 difference.

Plus the remote costing the same as the camera and headset lol

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Did you even bother to look at all the prices?
All the accessories are 50 euro, it's an obvious placeholder

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
That's not how this works. The drive itself would be around $20 if we go by current day prices. But if you buy games on disc both Sony and the developer will get less money from your purchase, so you pay a premium, or no; you get a discount on the digital console since you'd have to buy less games for them to start making a profit off of you.

If it's a UHD BD player, isn't it more than $20?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
This placeholder post will be updated at a later date once more information becomes available.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that the headset is listed as 50€ is a dead giveaway that those are placeholder prices. Even the DualSense controller will definitely cost more than that.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I could get a Blu-ray drive or a headset and extra controller? Cmon man there's a reason no sites reported on this like you said.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Lmao at the DS5 price, in no universe are we getting controllers cheaper than the previous gen.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Placeholder but Bloomberg suggested in their financial article about Sony there might be $100 gap between DE and normal PS5.

DE is super lucrative model for Sony as you are a 100% digital user (no trading, no used games, have to buy through PSN).

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Carrefour is just a big supermarket. Why would they have info no one else has?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
If it's a UHD BD player, isn't it more than $20?
They will be able to cut the cost by more than the cost of the disc drive in theory, as they'll make more from game sales from digital owners, as digital owners are locked into buying digital games from their storefront. People who buy the PS5 with the disc drive will be able to buy 2nd hand games and borrow/share games

They can afford to take a bigger loss on the digital unit as they'll likely make this back through digital sales, plus ideally I think MS and Sony would prefer players went digital only anyway, as it cuts their costs and they get a bigger piece of the pie
On the other hand, retailers would prefer people to buy the disc version, because they can make money off of physical games and resales. I can imagine retailers would require their margin to be lot higher on the digital version. There were times where retail margins on consoles were 0 or close to it, because they would always sell a game with it at least. So Sony isn't the only party with stakes on the price difference. I would love a 100 dollar / euro difference, but I doubt some retailers would stock it if so.
Pretty much this. The 100$ difference wouldn't only be because the drive cost 100$. To be honest, a 100$ difference would be way more attractive for those on the fence between the 2 versions, a 50$ difference, not so much in my opinion.
Nope they're about about $17 to $20 which is why it won't be $100 difference, even with Sony making more on digital games it would be extremely stupid to lose $100 extra on every console on top of what they'd already be losing on every console. They have to sell like 8 to 10 digital games to make that up, not counting actually profiting on it.

Keep in mind the average attach rate for the ps4 is around 10 games lifetime. Meaning they would make no money on this machine compared to the disc version. The average person isn't going to buy 20 games just because they went all digital.

You can say but what about mtx or subs to services but there's no proof that buying a digital console means you're more likely to spend on that stuff then someone who buys discs.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A bluray drive isn't going to cost $100 in 2020. I don't think this is accurate.

They will be able to cut the cost by more than the cost of the disc drive in theory, as they'll make more from game sales from digital owners, as digital owners are locked into buying digital games from their storefront. People who buy the PS5 with the disc drive will be able to buy 2nd hand games and borrow/share games

They can afford to take a bigger loss on the digital unit as they'll likely make this back through digital sales, plus ideally I think MS and Sony would prefer players went digital only anyway, as it cuts their costs and they get a bigger piece of the pie

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
On the other hand, retailers would prefer people to buy the disc version, because they can make money off of physical games and resales. I can imagine retailers would require their margin to be lot higher on the digital version. There were times where retail margins on consoles were 0 or close to it, because they would always sell a game with it at least. So Sony isn't the only party with stakes on the price difference. I would love a 100 dollar / euro difference, but I doubt some retailers would stock it if so.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much this. The 100$ difference wouldn't only be because the drive cost 100$. To be honest, a 100$ difference would be way more attractive for those on the fence between the 2 versions, a 50$ difference, not so much in my opinion.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
These are obviously placeholders but I won't be surprised if the consoles at least will land at these. Less difference between models wouldn't make much sense for anyone.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
The media remote costing the same as the controller and the headphones probably should have functioned as a hint that these are placeholder prices.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Come on, we all know it's gonna be $299 for the digital and $399 for standard. Those are obvious fakes!

:)

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Retailers lose influence with every passing generation. Digital sales are already over 50% and will probably be closer to 75% by the end of next gen

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Lets say its around 399-499 for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, are PC Gamers getting scammed paying 699 for a GTX 3080 (+ the rest of the PC) of $500 for a rx5700XT how can Nvidia/AMD charge so much?

I can stomach maybe 30-40% of an over pay - but if I have to pay $2000 for a total PC build - that's like a 400% difference. Somebody hack and install windows on these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.