• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Jordan Mychal Lemos (currently writer at Sucker Punch) heard that Ready at Dawn are working on a sequel to The Order 1886.

Starts at 00:09:10.

Special thanks to Cyberia

Oct 27, 2017
There's for sure potential in the IP, beautiful art direction, creative setting. Just need to make it fun to play 😬

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Would need massive changes to combat gameplay mechanics mission design. Kinda strange beside art and graphics game had nothing

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt Sony would waste money on this (they own the IP if I'm not mistaken).

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
The setting is great so it's good news if true.
But they need to make a good game this time.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
There were a lot of problems with the original, one of which was giving you blue balls as the game ended when it got really interesting. It was like a long prologue so I'd love it if they took another stab at it and put gameplay first and visuals second.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
The licence has great potential and I liked the first game, even if it has big flaws. I'm in.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, never thought I'd hear that. Count me in the small group that loved the original despite its flaws. A sequel has a lot of potential if they take the feedback to heart and fix the issues the first game had.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
An open world game set in like colonial New York or Boston dealing with supernatural creatures could be amazing.

OP
OP
RevengeTaken

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
The Order 1886 was an absolute piece of shit imo, don't understand why sony would let ready at dawn to make a sequel for one of sony's biggest flops this generation, both critically and commercially!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A good sequel that learned from the original and better realizes its potential would be amazing!

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Awesome. This universe is just so set up for success. I didn't like the first but it was bursting with potential

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please do.

Give them enough time.

I really want a chance for redemption for them.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Okay priorities now gameplay > cutscenes. If you're gonna do the boss fights make them worth doing and throw QTE's in the bin.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Jordan I guess. Sony isn't gonna be happy that he leaked it like this.
The Order 1886 was an absolute piece of shit imo, don't understand why sony would let ready at dawn to make a sequel for one of sony's biggest flops this generation, both critically and commercially!
The game was actually profitable. Yes I know wtf, right?

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god please pick up right after the first one!!! I've been dying for a sequel ever since I finished it.

Oh god I'm so hyped right now!! Vampires and werewolves in PS5 graphics !! 😱😱😱

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
While first wasn't particurally good as a game, I'd be down for a sequel on the basis of the technical showcase and the continuation of the story.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I hope this time around they will take advantage of the supernatural conflict, because the lack of that was the first game's biggest downfall.

Glad they're getting another shot though. It boggles my mind that a developer with no prior experience in AAA console games were able to leapfrog Sony's other developers and make quite possibly the most cinematic and realistic looking console game to date (it still blows me away). Of course, they sacrificed the actual game to do it...

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Jordan Mychal Lemos (currently writer at Sucker Punch) heard that Ready at Dawn are working on a sequel to The Order 1886.

Starts at 00:09:10.

Special thanks to Cyberia

Can confirm it's TRUE its gonna be more open then uncharted 4 linear with big areas choice on how to do the mission stealth or loud etc gonna focus more on vampires and gargoyles will be the knew enemy type the game will end with you going to present day Japan that's being overrun by wolves

I know nothing I'm sorry

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome if true! I always heard the first game ended up being the way it was because it got rushed. If true, hopefully they get time this go 'round.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
First game was a bit of a mess but beautiful. I like the RaD team and was worried the first Order would shut them down. Would happily buy a PS5 sequel that had enough time in the oven.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The setting was really cool it just wasn't all that interesting to play so if they improve that I'd be up for playing another one.

The VR games they've been doing are great as well, really looking forward to Lone Echo 2.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the world and characters were really well done. I think an overhaul on cover based shooter gameplay, and a few other tweaks - they could have something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.