• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Close this thread if its nothing, but i just had a very interesting conversation with my cousin(who lives in Portugal) that came to visit for christmas and i felt i needed to make a thread to discuss this, and try to find anybody else who could confirm some things.

Since we have a family get together i naturally brought my switch so we could play some rounds of smash, and i was pleasantly surprised that several of my cousins have switches too.(it surprised me since the last console my family from Portugal owned was a heavily modded Wii)
Then my cousin mentioned to me that he had the chance to attend Comic con in Portugal, and had the chance to try what he called the "novo switch", so the "new switch" and then answer a questionaire about how it felt different from the regular one he bought for his child a few months ago.

My portugese is not that great, but from what i understood this new switch has very different controllers than the current joycons, my cousin said the change from joycon to the new controlls feel like going from a cheap chinese controller to the pro controller.

So my question to this forum, and espceially anybody living in portugal or who was there when comicon happened is if anybody else also got to test this new switch ?

Nov 18, 2017
They debuted the new Switch at a public event and nobody even knows about it except your cousin?

SEEMS LEGIT!

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I find the chances that it was just some android tablet that played games to be pretty high.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Weird place to debute a new switch dont ya think are you sure it wasnt simply third party joy cons.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think your cousin might be a liar.

Edit: I am visiting Portugal next month, so I'll do some on the ground research. Mainly in the Port houses.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My cousin from Portugal is the new My uncle works at Nintendo?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh this brings me back to my days riding the school bus in the 90's

OP
OP
Andri

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I'm not saying your cousin is a liar, but...

Is he sure he wasn't accidentally using the SouljahGame Handheld?

Yeah, pretty sure he didnt play that.

Does your cousin work at Nintendo

No.

They debuted the new Switch at a public event and nobody even knows about it except your cousin?

SEEMS LEGIT!

If i understood him right he was asked to try the console kind of like a focus test group, to gauge the reaction to the product ahead of its reveal.
Obviously it was not in public.

OP
OP
Andri

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Im portuguese too. And i love drinking. Just make sure your cousin is not having too many Sagres.

He is more of a Super Bock guy.

I find the chances that it was just some android tablet that played games to be pretty high.
Weird place to debute a new switch dont ya think are you sure it wasnt simply third party joy cons.

I thought that at first too, but he was adamant that it was official nintendo people.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, pretty sure he didnt play that.

No.

If i understood him right he was asked to try the console kind of like a focus test group, to gauge the reaction to the product ahead of its reveal.
Obviously it was not in public.

Surely he'd have an NDA about that...which he just broke?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want this to be real just so we can necro this thread when it's unveiled and have a few sensible chuckles reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.