• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Playstation 5 Fiyatı & Playstation 5 Özellikleri Hepsiburada'da!

Sony Playstation 5 özellikleri bu sayfada. Tıkla, Sony PS5 özellikleri, çıkış tarihi ve fiyatı gibi bilgileri keşfetmeye başla.

Translated it says:

Fuwb90U.png

Please discuss. Lock if old.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Some weird wording. Would be incredible, but it feels like a pipe dream at this point.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Would be hilarious if they had to emulate a PS3 to do PS1 emulation. I'm not saying the PS5 will have actual BC, but this article seems like bullshit.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe this. But hey maybe if the PS5 is like the 4 and it doesn't play CDs that would be the reason for it not playing PS1 games…
But no I don't believe it.
I can't.
Please be true

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
DMczaf its happening

SQx9xKJ6aXa3w4BZzgUy3h.jpg

Always felt like there was more to the image. You can definitely fit PS3 and PS2 under the PS4.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
BC will only be for PS4 they'd have said otherwise. This is probably just a translation/communication error.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that graphic during Mark Cerny's presentation left a gap, and they would surprise everyone with PS1/PS2 BC at a later date. I don't buy that PS3 support is coming though.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Sony brand steals the hearts of gamers".

The true Phantom Thieves.

OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
BC will only be for PS4 they'd have said otherwise. This is probably just a translation/communication error.

They've only mentioned PS4 BC to date, and quite frankly they had to at least say that to reassure people who are continuing to buy games on the PS4 that their library will carry forward. There's always the possibility that they're saving additional BC as a surprise announcement because pretty much no one is currently buying games for those systems.

The subject has come up a LOT over the years and there's many reasons to believe they'd WANT to do full BC, especially with the PS3 (namely because of PS Now). The only question is whether they feel it's worth pursuing.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I definitely want it to be true, but i'm not holding my breath. Also the fact that of all generations PS1 was omitted? In theory that should be the easiest to implement. Immense doubt.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It says "all games". We know PS5 won't even play "all" PS4 games (even if the vast majority) but this is saying it will, along with "all" PS3 and PS2 games? Doubt.

But I still think there's a chance BC will extend to PS3/PS2/PS1 but only for certain titles on the store, like it is now for PS2 classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.