• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
From We Got This Covered:

And while we already know there's going to be a Superman & Lois show with Tyler Hoechlin, rumors are now circulating that Routh's Superman may get his own series as well. This news comes from "Itsryanunicomb," an Instagram user who's previously delivered information that turned out to be correct.
According to the post, Arrowverse head producer Greg Berlanti has been leading talks to get a Superman series up and running, even if it's as a limited run. From the involvement of people who worked on Superman Returns, it appears this could be a continuation of the 2006 film, rather than a show focusing on the "Kingdom Come" version of the character in "Crisis." At the moment, this series could either land on The CW, or on the newly minted HBO Max, where it would join fellow DC show Green Lantern, of which we had a tease in "Crisis."

The post in question:

What do you guys think? I'd love it if this turns out to be true, plus I'd feel better about Routh leaving Legends for good. :(

Send me to the Phantom Zone if old.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
"oh, a kingdom come supes? nice"
reads it's a continuation of 2006's movie
NOPE

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
We got this covered is like the least reliable website and honestly should be a banned source.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see it, but I'm not so sure we're going to get two Superman shows running at the same time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They wont do it on the CW with the Lois and Clark show. At least not imo. I think it would be better to do it on HBO Max, along with the GL show. But, I also think doing Kingdom Come would be a more compelling show, compared to a continuation of Superman Returns.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand Crisis established that the Kingdom Come events happened in the Donnerverse after Returns.
Yes, but it's one thing to do a show based on kingdom come, and another to do a 2006 based show that in the future will become kingdom come. I love routh supes, but some of the stuff 2006 stabilished wasn't great.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Bring it on, he truly is the best Superman since Reeves
Indeed.

george-reeves-as-superman.jpg

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
"previously delivered information that turned out to be correct"

that sounds pretty vague to me. If I posted a hundred things and 4 of them turned out to be true, then it would fit this criteria.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why people insist on trying to drive clicks to that site. They're repugnant. Just a clickbait farm with no good intentions at all.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Setting aside the voracity of these rumors do fans of Supes really want a continuation of 2006?

I didn't watch it but I recall a lot of fans not liking it. It actually makes sense to make a limited run show on HBO Max to sell subs but after Crisis they should consider doing their own thing.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Setting aside the voracity of these rumors do fans of Supes really want a continuation of 2006?
Sure. A continuation now would have different writers, different production people and mostly different actors. What would be brought over would be Routh's portrayal of Superman, the standard Superman character beats as seen in the films and (probably) the more hopeful tone of that film universe. Lots of people had lots of problems with Superman Returns, but those things generally weren't among them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They're not launching two live-action Superman shows that close to each other. It's bullshit.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted to see Routh's version of Superman in BvS, and not the grimdark one we got instead (not that I have anything against Cavill). He honestly deserved another shot at the role since his portrayal was so good, and I was thrilled to see him back during Crisis. But I doubt we see them have two Superman shows airing at once. If it comes down to it, I'd rather see the CW one going away.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We know this is bullshit, but it is even more bullshit when they've already got another Superman show. There's zero chance of there being two Superman shows at the same time.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
very few characters can have 2 series at the same time ... superman is absolutely one of those
Supes had at least 3 between Smallville, DCAU and LoSH at one point.

He'd been on TV for like 50 years concurrently until Smallville ended the streak.

The more the merrier I say!

CoIE also opens the door for an All Supermans movie. Even if this rumor is BS, I want to believe.

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
From We Got This Covered sourcing a random Instagram post. Yep, definitely reliable info.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it, but I want it to be true. Routh deserves another go in the suit after Crisis. I don't think there's any way they put two Superman shows on The CW, but it could work on DC Universe or HBO Max.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two Superman shows and we can't even get a MOS sequel. 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.