• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
With all the rumours from the insiders on here Matt etc of Microsoft being behind schedule. I had an interesting chat with some retail buddies. Messaging seems to be that Microsoft are also aiming to launch first. On top of being the most powerful box.

Does this help them? They would literally be trying to come to market in an exact opposite way to last Gen. more powerful, launch first with the strongest launch line up in Microsoft history.

what do you think?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By retail buddies you mean Gamestop sellers?

Too much wishful thinking in OP.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they're aiming to sell double the amount of consoles Sony will too. Doesn't meant they will. I expect both will probably launch in the same month

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Are they the strongest console? I thought their messaging was only that the sx is the strongest Xbox, which you would really hope was the case :)

I thought devs were saying that in terms of the dev kits, the PS5 was about 10% stronger.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They would literally be trying to come to market in an exact opposite way to last Gen. more powerful, launch first
How is that the same as last gen? Is it getting a surprise launch next week? Both are coming Holiday 2020, a few weeks apart will be irrelevant, also that's one misleading thread title.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Why would retail already be informed of the consoles launch dates?
They certainly wouldnt be informed of the PS5's before Destination Playstation event in February.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
First batch of consoles will sell out regardless for both companies. The differences won't be noticeable until a year or two later.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly opposite would mean $100 cheaper as well. That won't happen.

Edit: Or are you talking about 360 gen?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt either Sony or Microsoft has informed retailers about launch plans yet other than holiday aims.
Regardless, launching few weeks ahead or behind is not a big deal. Both systems will be sold out of their initial lot anyways for weeks.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I seem to remember the Xbox one launching after the ps4 here on the UK so I guess this is US specific

OP
OP
DrDeckard

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't imagine "launching first" is going to amount to anything more than like 1 week.

this is what I think too. Just interested to hear what people think.

if ps5 is more powerful it's a great opportunity for them to steal all the hype Microsoft is creating.

also, first post is gold as usual. I'm 37 and buy all my games digitally. I haven't purchased games in a store since I left management at a short stint at Grainger games once I was poached from Game after how they handled my beloved Gamestation employment.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt anyone in retail really knows anything more than we do atm.

Btw, my Uncle works at Nintendo if anyone has any questions. I can get some inside information.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't seem worth making a thread about. I mean retail buddy isn't exactly a reliable source...without being verified.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a low quality rumor thread. Doubt anyone in retail knows anything more than a specific month

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
If they launched in may-june, sure, they might steal the thunder from TLoU2 and GoT...but with 1-2 weeks difference it won't matter much. And we don't know if it is indeed stronger.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Retail buddies lol. I doubt Microsoft or Sony have given specifics about release dates to any retailer, at least not beyond targetted vague launch windows anyway.

I think we should be better than taking random retail employee rumours and bluster as anything worthy of a thread or actual news.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox Series X did launch a smidgen earlier than the PS5, just going by the last two launches.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
This is some trash basis for a thread, in all honesty.

Retail is not going to know about specific release dates this early, plus how do you know what the launch lineup is going to be to claim it's the strongest one in Microsoft's history? Sounds like some extreme wishful thinking here.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given the lack of a reliable source, this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.