• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
this time, it's courtesy of Chris Klippel... who, it has been pointed out, "works for Presse Citron, a shitty clickbaity tech blog. I'm not putting too much stock in whatever he pulls from his ass", but i like a casual discussion about a goofy rumour or two, so let's enjoy.

they're using the already debunked artwork that "showed up on Amazon" a while ago, but who knows?

rough Google Translate of the twitter update:

To answer several MPs in one go, yes, as I was able to confirm at the end of 2020, a next-gen port of #RDR2 has been well underway for several months at Rockstar. With a remaster/remake project of the first RDR. The port of RDR2 was supposed to be announced much earlier. The announcement would have been visibly shifted for the remaster / remake of RDR. I don't know more, except that the project would still be relevant and that obviously it does not bear the name "Outlaws Collection".

possible names brainstorm session:

Red Dead Redemption: Redeemed
Red Dead Complete
Red Dead Origins: Mangoes & Mayhem
Red Dead Redemption: The "I Have A Plan" Collection
Red Dead: Dutch Angle

Last edited:

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I will not believe it until I'm actually playing a remake of RDR.

Just don't make the game as slow as RDR2 with its overbearing animation priority.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
okay if it's real i'm

just curious if RDR remake will get beaten up here like TLOU1 remake.

OP
OP

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
who is this man and why i should trust him?

giphy.webp

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I never played, but I'd be interested in a remake. So sure, go ahead.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would play an RDR remake if they fix the absolutely MISERABLE Mexico section (I said fix, not remove, devs) and rewrite almost all of the story to better fit with RDR2's far more thoughtful writing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
Trust me, sources have told me that a source told them that the Atari 2600 is getting a remake in full HD.

i actually heard they're prepping a Sega Saturn Classic Edition that only plays a demake of Bloodborne, but that was from my uncle who works IT at the company that makes the coffee machine at Rockstar, so grain of salt

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm also just not going to hold my breath. This seems like one of the safer spitballs.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'll believe it when I see it, my expectations are very low considering the questionable post-launch support of RDR2, so much potential has seemingly been wasted by not supporting the game to even a fraction of what GTA 5/Online received.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Won't be judging the source but.... the package containing a Marston full story sounds amazing.

RDR2 is simply astonishing, and getting a few extra bumps from the PC version (and finally a decent image quality since the PS4 Pro implementation was worse even compared to the native PS4) plus a 60fps toggle would make it wonderful.

What worries me is.... GTA V port got delayed several times and took way too much long than I imagined. A remake of the first one inside RDR2 would take much longer to develop competing with the already announced GTA 6.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Cool and all, but I'm majorly feeling existing IP collection/remake/sequel/marvel fatigue.

I want new games and IP that are Red Dead Redemption good. Not a remake of an existing great game. 1, 2, 3 sequels are good… but after that, let them rest and create new AAA things please that are worthy of their own sequels.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A remake for RDR is going to be like the sequel for a lot of people (well, it is) but I'd bet a lot of people who dropped into RDR2 hadn't played the first

OP
OP

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022

CalZone

Nov 18, 2017
It will be called Red Dead Redemption I - II Definitive Edition for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. And we will all buy it when it comes out.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Lol that guy works for Presse Citron, a shitty clickbaity tech blog. I'm not putting too much stock in whatever he pulls from his ass.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Won't be judging the source but.... the package containing a Marston full story sounds amazing.

RDR2 is simply astonishing, and getting a few extra bumps from the PC version (and finally a decent image quality since the PS4 Pro implementation was worse even compared to the native PS4) plus a 60fps toggle would make it wonderful.

What worries me is.... GTA V port got delayed several times and took way too much long than I imagined. A remake of the first one inside RDR2 would take much longer to develop competing with the already announced GTA 6.

The delays surrounding the current-gen version of GTA V were really surprising, the end product is essentially a more refined PC version.
Perhaps the codebase went through a cleanup, as the game's performance has notably deteriorated over the years on PC and the last-gen consoles, or maybe Rockstar's hands are full with other projects?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, in this climate, you could tell me they're remaking or remastering anything and I'd believe you. There are a ton of remakes/remasters happening. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.