• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Delusions of Grandeur the lot of these hacks have. And all of their followers too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disney can't buy them because I'm going to buy them first

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Buying the whole of Sony just for Spiderman is silly.

What would Disney need their electronics division for?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
165.gif

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Buy back Sony's Marvel characters, ok. Sony Pictures, not impossible but unlikely given Sony's strategy about entertainment and content. Sony as a whole ? LMAO

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Disney are totally going to buy a multi-billion dollar corporation that operates in a number of industries they have no interest in, entirely to get the Spider-Man movie license back. And the Japanese government are just going to sit by and do nothing while one of the largest companies in their country is bought out by an American corporation. LMAO.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This is going to be misconstrued because of what "buyout" means in this context.

A lot of folks in here are going to think it means buying the company Sony… it's likely (if a lick of this rumor is even remotely true), that someone heard a conversation about a buyout of RIGHTS from Sony for the character Spider-Man.

large cash payment for Sony to give up their rights and revert back to Disney.

Disney is not buying a device maker and entertainment company like Sony… no way.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously doubt this is real, but on the theoretical level, as far as size, couldn't Disney just buy Sony Pictures?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Even if this weren't total bullshit, Disney trying to buy another Big Six studio so soon after gobbling up Fox would draw major antitrust scrutiny, which is why they wouldn't do this even if they wanted to. And they probably don't want to: they get everything they really need out of Spider-Man right now with their partnership with Sony.

Literally any of the big tech companies buying Sony Pictures is more likely than Disney buying them.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i have a bunch of spiderman comics, maybe disney should buy me. i only ask for like 200 million dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.