• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whaddaya think, ERA? Will we see Metroid 5 and WarioWare Switch at Nintendo's Direct?

• Both of them, yes.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Metroid 5, only.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • WarioWare Switch only.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • None of them.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Almost 24 hours prior to the Microsoft conference, noted Smash leaker Vergeben posted this over at GameFAQs.

5ff1xFd.png

Now, while it's perfectly natural to assume that this is all fake, now that the Bethesda conference is over, everything in this post that showed up at the Bethesda and Microsoft conferences (except news on a Perfect Dark game) turned out to be legit. Especially Deathloop and the Cyberpunk 2077 leak which he called. What's interesting is at the very bottom, Vergeben lists Metroid 5 and WarioWare Switch as games that may show up at Nintendo's E3. The fact that he called most of this stuff and it turned out to be real makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I could definitely see this happening. What say you, Era?

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm down for another Mercury Steam Metroid game. They did a fantastic job with Samus Returns.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that Vergeben would post all these leaks but nothing related to Smash.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That seems super early for Metroid to show anything considering what happened with it. I dunno.

Verge seems really wishy washy though. He seems like he piggybacks off of stuff a lot IIRC.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
That all lines up, but at the same time the last I heard about Vergeben he was swearing on his life that Minecraft content was going to be in Smash at launch.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid 5 is certainly reasonable but, WarioWare seems a bit odd. I'd figure Paper Mario would be a bigger priority for the team

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost 24 hours prior to the Microsoft conference, noted Smash leaker Vergeben posted this over at GameFAQs.

5ff1xFd.png

Now, while it's perfectly natural to assume that this is all fake, now that the Bethesda conference is over, everything in this post that showed up at the Bethesda and Microsoft conferences (except news on a Perfect Dark game) turned out to be legit. Especially Deathloop and the Cyberpunk 2077 leak which he called. What's interesting is at the very bottom, Vergeben lists Metroid 5 and WarioWare Switch as games that may show up at Nintendo's E3. The fact that he called most of this stuff and it turned out to be real makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I could definitely see this happening. What say you, Era?
Minecraft Dungeons confirmed on Switch? That's cool but what about PS4?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's a matter of time really.

Time is relative, and while I certainly enjoy the Prime series, I've been waiting for a proper Metroid sequel since Fusion - and Nintendo doesn't flout Metroid all that often.

Zero Mission, AM2R, and Metroid 2 Remake were all good to great, but I need another proper 2D Metroid.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Verg didn't get this info himself then.
I wouldnt be surprised if this was copied from elsewhere
Verg posted the leak first

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I've learned to not expect anything Metroid related at these Nintendo Directs. We've been hearing about the Metroid Prime Trilogy Collection since before there even was a Metroid Prime trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.