• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Of course they would be. The game hasn't gotten its massive Day 1 update yet.

Duh! There's nothing surprising about that.

Oct 25, 2017

Generally reviewers get copies of the game with the day one update.
--
And this doesn't make any sense why would they be given such an old build. it would have to be either a massive fuck up or deliberate and I don't see why it would be deliberate and it seems like to massive a fuckup.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

The game didn't went gold in January, 3 months before the release.
I don't think that's normal, they usual play the Gold build, not a 3 months old one.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
nah, the day 1 patch is out since thursday. every reviewer should have it by now. unless they use a special review version on a dev-kit.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to be a roundabout way of saying the gear progression won't be completely fucked in the final version?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
What about the version on the disc? Is it old too? Maybe that's why the towers suck right now.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Don't know how could they (or he since is only one source), since the patch is already live.

EDIT: Guess there is another patch?

Wiiild.. :p

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I doubt WB would want an outdated build for review. If anything this sounds like "Oh shit we got caught please don't crush in reviews for the grind we'll fix it."

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
That doesnt even seem right

All the movement updates wouldnt be included, which would make it a mechanically worse game?

Oct 29, 2017
Generally reviewers get copies of the game with the day one update.
--
And this doesn't make any sense why would they be given such an old build. it would have to be either a massive fuck up or deliberate and I don't see why it would be deliberate and it seems like to massive a fuckup.

As someone who has worked as a reviewer themselves. I can categorically state that this is false.

Of course a day-1 update isn't going to be ready when the review copies go out. The whole reason why it exists is because the game isn't finished when it goes to print. It only gets released right before launch day; when its actually finished and ready to go.

The game didn't went gold in January, 3 months before the release.
I don't think that's normal, they usual play the Gold build, not a 3 months old one.

The "gold" version is not the final release version. It wouldn't include the day-1 update. The gold master is the one that ships on the disc; but it obviously wouldn't include a day-1 update on the disc.

And games do typically "go gold" around 2-3 months before a game's launch. That's absolutely normal.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has worked as a reviewer themselves. I can categorically state that this is false.

Of course a day-1 update isn't going to be ready yet. The whole reason why it exists is because the game isn't finished when it goes to print. It only gets released right before launch day; when its actually finished and ready to go.
We have examples of "day 1" patches going up early or being provided to reviewers in some fashion.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need a better source.

I say lock this thread before it turns into people jumping to conclusions and everyone looking dumb.

Oct 29, 2017
We have examples of "day 1" patches going up early or being provided to reviewers in some fashion.

That's all done on a case-by-case basis. There's no hard and fast rule about it. It's actually very common for the day-1 update to not be ready before reviewers get their hands on a game.

Same goes for online modes. They are very commonly not available at all until right before a game releases (which is why many reviewers hold off on scoring a game until they can test the online functionality).

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Like WB is gonna purposefully give reviewers an outdated faulty version with a whole mode busted.
This sounds like damage control.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be hilarious if so and the dlc character references are trolls on the disk/cart.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Not possible.
The dash changes are recent, and they are in the current build everyone is playing.

I can maybe see stuff like the towers changing day 1 as that seems busted in an unintentional kind of way, but all the tournament variations and and gameplay balance should be up to date.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The build is not from January but if people from nrs are actually saying that it means they're trying to change stuff at the last minute

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Thread closed as per OP's request, citing that the source is apparently not reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.