• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Thanks to Much118 on Discord for bringing this to my attention (dude also makes amazing gifs, including some for Arkham Origins and Knight, follow him on Twitter at Much118x )
A poster on Reddit has spotted that a concept artist for Apple named Eddie Mendoza has taken down concept art for a Batman: Court of Owls game. The artist has stated that the concept art was just for fun, but if you go to his "About" page, one of his clients is Warner Bros. He also did not give any explanation as to why he took down the images, which is very peculiar as well.
Alright, another one for the WB Montreal rumor mill BUT TAKE WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.
Artist Eddie Mendoza (who works for Apple) recently posted a series of 3 keyframe images that he specified were "just for fun" which depicted Batman engaged in combat against Talons. This would not normally be newsworthy, though the man is very talented, except that a few days ago he suddenly took the images down without any explanation. Just gone entirely from his ArtStation account (where he first posted them) without any evidence they ever existed.
Since they weren't breaking any rules or terms of service that I can see and I don't see him getting a cease and desist from Warner Bros. over a bunch of drawings that he specifically said WEREN'T official, this is a bit weird. Even more curious, he also apparently works as a freelancer and one of his clients is Warner Bros.
Link to Mendoza's Artstation page: https://www.artstation.com/eddie
Link to Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/aft7y5/wb_games_montreal_batman_game_concept_art_leaked/
Youtube vid that gives more explanation:

inline_pkyh2mkChK1rkdpup_1280.jpg

nline_pkyl3bW9vC1rkdpup_1280.jpg

inline_pkyju4Su6l1rkdpup_1280.jpg

Last edited:
If you go to his Facebook you will see he was just an intern at Warner Bros in 2013 and yes he did work on 2 batman projects. I

I highly doubt he is even remotely present at WB at the moment.

At most I think WB asked him to remove the images due to court of owls being a hot topic and leading to fan discussions. Plus him making art of it with prior job experience at wb might be sending mixed signals to people that he could be involved in the project.

This came up on my twitter earlier and honestly this is the most sane theory to me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Court of Owls comic arc was fantastic. A game would would be dope, I miss those guys.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Yeah I saw this one reddit and just thought it had some pretty neat artwork. Whether it's true or not, I dunno.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After all this time just another Batman game would be kind of a letdown (unless this is not by Rocksteady)

Edit: oh just saw that this rumor is with regard to WB montreal

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Alright, another one for the WB Montreal rumor mill BUT TAKE WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.

Artist Eddie Mendoza (who works for Apple) recently posted a series of 3 keyframe images that he specified were "just for fun" which depicted Batman engaged in combat against Talons. This would not normally be newsworthy, though the man is very talented, except that a few days ago he suddenly took the images down without any explanation. Just gone entirely from his ArtStation account (where he first posted them) without any evidence they ever existed. Since they weren't breaking any rules or terms of service that I can see and I don't see him getting a cease and desist from Warner Bros. over a bunch of drawings that he specifically said WEREN'T official, this is a bit weird. Even more curious, he also apparently works as a freelancer and one of his clients is Warner Bros.

REDDIT

batman_eddie-mendoza-court-of-owls-1.jpg

batman_eddie-mendoza-court-of-owls-2.jpg

batman_eddie-mendoza-court-of-owls-3.jpg

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess if they were going to do another Batman game it would have had to be Court of Owls. Would be my pick too.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this and the t-shirt teas' from some weeks, It's definitely about the Court of Owls.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
If you're not excited about Court of Owls in a Batman game you're liking things wrong.

That being said, this is WB Montreal so expect a ton of recycled assets and whatnot. Still hype if it's real, though.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Makes sense that they would tackle that storyline next.
I'm one of the few who didn't particularly care for Snyder's run but it's a rich source material for a potential adaptation.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I think Batmans getting a bit samey for me. Unless they did something weird like set it in Gothic/steampunk, less modern day contemporary Gotham.

If we're gonna get another Batman game, I'd prefer a Beyond or a Justice League game.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Wasn't this rumoured to be a Batfamily co-op thing? 'Cos a Batfamily vs Court of Owls game is... quite relevant to my interests...

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh, would've been down to see them tackle a different character/style of game, tbh.

I was hyped af when I thought they were behind that Harry Potter game.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping the next Batman game would be Batman Beyond inspired. Disappointed.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of this being Matt Reeves' movie? I think Court of Owls would work really well in live action. Oligarchs and ninjas, what's not to love?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If it is WB Montreal making the next Batman I sincerely hope they take the time to squash all the bugs before releasing it.
Origins was soured for me with a bug that literally required I restart the whole game after 6 hours of playing it.

Also ditch Origins shitty upgrade/challenge system that forced you to do everything in order and was nearly impossible to complete in a single playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.