• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
On June 20, the Russian state news agency Interfax reported that Deputy Defense Minister Andrei Kartapolov, speaking during a parliamentary roundtable, cited the popular video game series Metal Gear as an example of projects of the U.S. Intelligence services to manipulate the "public consciousness and especially young people" against the Russian government.

According to The Moscow Times, he added that such projects were "aimed at encouraging active protest activity and dissatisfaction with the country's authorities among young people."

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Has he not heard foremost Metal Gear Historian Dan Ryckert's opinion that MGS "isn't political?" Checkmate.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Game made in Japan that mocks US' infatuation with war is a US intelligence project? Hmmm

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I knew it, those damn Japanese American video game developers and their corrupting ways are poisoning youth's minds against mother Russia. I bet Death Stranding is joint venture between the Dutch and the Japanese to subliminally supplant ideas of joining the USA military industrial complex in the minds of men and women around the world. It's fucking diabolical is what it is.

KOJIMA...and so forth...

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Lol, if anything it's anti War, Inc (so, especially the USA), with a side of surrealism. Of course almost all games that cover cool characters doing sneaky high tech stuff also end up glorifying it a bit as well though.

To see MG as an especially anti-Ruskie thing is sort of hilarious.

This isn't an onion piece?

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really fear for what's gonna happen to Russia after Putin when all who are left in charge are just yes-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.