• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man's characterization is more than just his relationship with Tony. The Raimi movies do a good job showing how much life sucks for Peter Parker, and the financial struggles of Aunt May and Peter Parker. I guess MCU is cooler in terms of how Spider-Man fits into the overall universe.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh boy, another one of these threads. Can't wait to see it be a carbon copy of all of the others.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
oh

it's that time of the week again huh

..yup..
xkx0rwmrek011.gif

OP
OP
DarkMagician

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even the relationship with Harry Osborne and J Jonah Jameson, and Peter's career makes Peter seem so much more human.

Hopefully the third movie moves in that direction.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
do people making these types of threads even frequent the off topic forums?

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The MCU movies do a fine job of contrasting Peter's responsibilities as a hero against his more immediate desires. That's the heart of the character. There's room for both interpretations in the world.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I liked the Spider-Man movies, but this spiderman isnt trying to be his own thing, but rather part of a collective of a broader universe. that makes it much harder for him to be his alone

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I swear these threads have less and less effort put into them.

I await the day when we get a title that is just "Raimi Good, MCU Bad".

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If by superior characterization you mean they made Peter a mopey, whiny little bioch who never seems to enjoy his powers and who never comes off as particularly brilliant then yes, it has better characterization.

Personally, I think Molina's Doc Ock is the best thing in the Raimi films by a long shot.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Can we turn this discussion into an investigation into where these threads keep coming from?

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I mean. isn't this basically asking for more the same storytelling when it comes to Spider-man? Who cares HOW the story of great responsibility is told, I just want more poor aunty May, more Harry Osbourne, more Jameson.

Dec 12, 2017
I liked the Spider-Man movies, but this spiderman isnt trying to be his own thing, but rather part of a collective of a broader universe. that makes it much harder for him to be his alone

He's a kid in a universe full of superheroes. Of course his journey isn't gonna be the same as the Tobey version's journey.

And he absolutely has been trying to forge his own way, starting with Homecoming. Tony literally offers him a role on the Avengers; turns it down.

In FFH he is doing everything he can to be as normal a teen as he can be and NOT be all Avenger-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.