• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I've seen a ton of horrible stuff on the internet, but I saw a gif this morning that has messed me up good. I entered a topic in a board that I thought would have funny videos of animals doing stupid things. For example there was a gif of a walrus slipping and falling into the sea. Some assole posted a gif of a woman leashing a dog to a chain. I wasn't really sure where this was going so I kept watching. The lady then ...... I couldn't believe it. Wtf is wrong with people. How can someone do something like that and why would anyone want to watch it. I can't stop thinking about it, it was so goddamn vile.

Any tips for unseeing something? Took a 25 mile bike ride and the wife and I have been playing with our pup pup.

Edited to make more general.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't unsee anything. Probably just need some time to deal with a traumatic event. I would suggest maybe being less specific about what you witnessed, though. I'm sure other people will be upset even just to read what you saw. Sorry you ran into that.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Dude get counselling and don't post this stuff here. Edit the post to be more generic at least.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch videos of people being kind to animals on Youtube, but there's really nothing to do other than let time heal honestly as corny as that sounds.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting that twerk gif from a particular video game ... and I'm glad it wasn't posted

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I once saw a photo on the internet that was so bad that it put my entire life into perspective. I feel ya, OP.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
On a topic related note.. someone on facebook posted a snuff gif and I unfriended the guy. I don't know what motivates people to post that shit in public.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Yeah, thats how I felt after watching "Dont fuck with Cats" on Netflix, that damn show was wrapped around my head for 2 days, but eventually, I got over it.
Soon, you will forget the imagery itself, and you will vaguely remember the feeling of disgust but not much else.
Time wipes everything, eventually, good or bad, as long as you're not purposely trying to relieve those moments.

Also, I agree with the people above. Describing what you saw was completely unnecessary, you will trigger people here, and just as bad, you just reminded yourself of something you're trying to forget.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
may this duck ease your minds

me5uxzqq8i921.jpg

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
OP, I get that you're really bummed out about something despicable you saw on the internet that you wish you could unsee. It really sucks.

But by your own admission, you went into a thread expecting to see something funny and were instead greeted with a shocking result. Don't you see how you've basically gone and done the same thing for a number of others now?

I clicked on this thread because I, legitimately, thought it would be a funny, ironic thread not terribly unlike what you yourself described as doing where you originally saw the gif.

EDITED: Just saw your amend, thanks OP.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Your only chance is to do something distracting so that you stop thinking about it and hopefully it won't imprint in your long term memory.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I too was surprised to find out that r/natureismetal wasn't full of cute cat pics.

(I dunno, I never saw OP's gif)

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I've seen a lot of gifs/webms of people and animals being hurt (because of people posting them without saying what it is first) and it never affected me. There must be something wrong with me.
But, OP, that's the world we live in. There are people out there who derive happiness from hurting things that most people would derive happiness from protecting. It's messed up, but don't ever underestimate how twisted people can be. And don't hang out in places where you may see that kind of content even accidentally, if it's traumatic for you. Don't put yourself in harm's way.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
She did what to the dog? Put it on a leash...?

EDIT: Oh, I guess you edited it. Well, this thread makes no sense now lol, but everyone acted like it was terrible so maybe for the best. I have a morbid curiosity now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.