• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
A man suspected of leaving two knives on the school desk of a young Japanese prince has admitted to police that he intended to stab the 12-year-old boy because he disagrees with the imperial system, local news media reported.

Kaoru Hasegawa, 56, was arrested on suspicion of trespassing last month after two knives were found on the desk of Prince Hisahito, who one day stands to inherit the Chrysanthemum Throne. The incident occurred only days before the prince's uncle Naruhito became Japan's new emperor.

The knives, whose blades had been painted pink, were bound to a two-foot-long bar that straddled the school desk of the prince and a neighboring desk, local news media reported, heightening security fears and underlining the vulnerability of a royal family desperately short of male heirs.

Police say Hasegawa confessed to leaving the knives because he "was not satisfied with the imperial system and the succession," arguing that under that system "Japan won't get better," local media reported.

Hasegawa confessed that he intended to stab Hisahito, news outlets reported, but ended up just leaving the knives to let the prince know he had been there. Why the knives were painted pink and bound to a bar was not explained.

The Washington Post

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
"I disagree with a system, so I'm going to stab a 12-year-old kid who was born into it."

"That seems like too much. I'll leave knives on his desk instead."

Great problem solving skills there.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Dude was on some Agent 47 shit.

Dressed up as a plumber and infiltrated the school (I think on Japanese news they said there was construction going on nearby), but luckily the students were all at gym class or something.

Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.