• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Looking at the Days of Play PS4 box and noticed this. Has Sony confirmed before that the Last of Us Part 2 doesn't have MP or is this a goof?

rAnoX3o-eySHpBB69kcH66il7dHC1CXdl7xY3_ivanY.jpg

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
maybe they'll add it after a few weeks to avoid the lootboxes/mtx having an impact on the metascore.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
they do good multi that would be surprising. i was hoping the community would hound them for dedis this time around ☹

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if this is true that would truly suck. Obviously the campaign in the first was amazing, but the MP was much better than it had any right being.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
If this is true and not just a mistake on Sony's end, I'm not too disappointed by this since the single-player is obviously where the game truly shines and I'm more than happy for Naughty Dog to be focusing on that and that alone, but the original MP for TLOU was actually quite fun. I wouldn't mind seeing it again so I guess I'll wait and see.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Those games had a hardcore dedicated community that's still semi active. Same with Uncharted 4, most people just play the SP and bounce :( Didn't like TLOU's MP but it would be a shame if it didn't have any.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i recall ND stating that the game will have mp. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just played through TLOU on PS4 for the first time and didn't even think of trying the multiplayer but these responses have me interested. Do people still play it?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It will be a shame if The Last of Us II never gets a multiplayer mode. The Last of Us had one of the best multiplayer experiences of last gen as far as I'm concerned. It's right up there with SOCOM and Rainbow Six when it comes to slower-paced, tactical multiplayer games. And let's not pretend that the multiplayer mode had any negative effects on the single player story of the original game. Naughty Dog has proven that they can make multiplayer modes without compromising their single player experiences so that argument is bunk.

The Last of Us multiplayer was very unique. It combined stealth, crafting, melee combat, and shooting into one hell of a concoction. The only problem with the multiplayer (and all of Naughty Dog's multiplayer modes, frankly) is the horrid monetization. Locking guns and perks behind a paywall is disgusting. If they do end up bringing the multiplayer back then they need to keep their microtransactions cosmetic only.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No way. That would be a major bummer. TLOU multiplayer was amazing. Similar to the first Gears of War. It was on point, streamlined and very focused on what it did. Some amazing game I had. And that meta-game with your Facebook friends was kinda neat, too.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
There will be a multiplayer (the quote above), we already discussed this few days/weeks ago in the first party thread

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I just played through TLOU on PS4 for the first time and didn't even think of trying the multiplayer but these responses have me interested. Do people still play it?

Still active. It's also the only MP I've been playing since 2013. I don't believe for one second that they cut the MP for TLOU2.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
TLOU had an amazing MP, community loved it. and post above says its been confirmed. :P

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This would be a tragedy if true. I can only imagine how sick the movment could be with the motion matching implementation 😱

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
Yeah, as others have said the multiplayer in TLOU was above and beyond what you'd expect.

It was a genuinely interesting take, and to be quite honest if they'd announced a multiplayer spin off game that expanded on the gameplay and meta elements I'd have been entirely happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.