• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
www.resetera.com

Sekiro vs. Nioh 2 vs. Ghosts of Tsushima

Which trailer/gameplay videos impressed you the most? Are you even going to be able to hold all of these samurai type games coming out? Or is the theme already played out?

This trilogy of unrelated feudal Japanese games were all announced around the same time, and despite releasing far apart; they developed a rivalry of sorts. Threads talking about how FROM's latest masterpiece would lag behind became common for reasons.

www.resetera.com

[Official Playstation Magazine] "Nioh 2 is the Sekiro killer" and "How Team Ninja has its sights set on the FromSoftware crown"

Yeah, I stumbled upon this thread after doing a search for Nioh. After reading through the thread I felt like chiming in. I don't see an issue with that.

However, while all three game's have been well received, Sekiro has been acclaimed.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Your death won’t come easily. Enter the world of late 1500s Sengoku Japan; a brutal, bloody period of constant life-and-death conflict. As tensions rise, a compelling new story unfolds amongst the chaos. Introducing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, a dark and twisted new gameplay experience developed...

Nioh 2

Master the lethal arts of the samurai as a mysterious half-human, half-supernatural Yokai warrior, in this challenging action RPG sequel. Explore violent Sengoku-era Japan and the deadly Dark Realm, both plagued with grotesque, merciless demons. Unsheathe your deadly weapons and cut down all...

Ghost of Tsushima

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan -- until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics...

Also; whilst Nioh 2 and Ghosts are no doubt going to be consumed by the big hitters of this year in the GOTY season; Sekiro won these in droves, including from top one from the Game Awards! Critically, Sekiro won.

Commercially; Sekiro is going to win. It's just the fact of the matter when it comes to multiplatform games. In August Last Year it had already sold almost four million copies.

The real winner is people who enjoy games set in Feudal Japan, but for this rivalry; Nioh 2 and Ghosts

445865484.jpg

FROM wins again.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The true winners are PS4 players who can play them all.

Heh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This thread (and the argument it's making) feels kind of unnecessary. All three games are trying to do completely different things and just because they all have a katana in them doesn't mean they need to be directly compared to each other.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a place as extraordinary petty when it comes to from games than Era, Jesus Christ

out here acting like Sekiro is your literal child that won something important

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm significantly more interested in Ghosts. Nothing From has done since Lost Kingdoms 2 has interested me, I'm not interested in difficult games at all, so Sekiro is completely irrelevant to me.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
History repeats itself, remember the Skyrim v. Dragon's Dogma v. Dark Souls wars of 2011-2012?

Miyazaki literally can't stop winning

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
you're starting an unnecessary unwanted fight

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
All 3 games are distinctly different enough to separate from each other beside the JP setting.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There's potential in a fun "it's great how many fuedal Japan games there are now!" thread but this is competitive for no reason

Like Tsushima isn't even trying to be similar to the other two

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This seems like a thread made by a friend of mine that's way into awards lol , anyway as a fan of samurai media these are good times

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want the Og samurai game to return. I want a new Way of the Samurai....... Or Yakuza Ishin (i'll gladly take this as a replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.