• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I miss the mistery of the souls games, the sense of going into the unknow, i miss the tips (and the trolling) on the ground from other users, the different outfits and weapons etc etc

I like some of the improvements they made with sekiro, but i hope they make another bloodborne/souls in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro is not a Souls game, we got 5 of those in a row(and you could say Bloodborne wasn't one as well), it's okay that Miyazaki and the rest of the company wanted to make something different.

Also that's a terrible thread title.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get it. It's an entirety different game, if you miss those things then go back to Dark Souls.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Come on... This has been discussed to death in the ten thousand other Sekiro threads.

I actually really like the mood of Sekiro. It's a lot gloomier and more atmospheric than I expected from early trailers.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Wait for their next souls game then? Basically your complaint is that it's not a souls game. Well it isn't supposed to be one.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I am amazed so many people want From to be a one trick pony. Must be stifling for From.

We got 4 souls games, 5 if you include Bloodborne. That is almost all they made for 10 years. Let them try their hand at other stuff.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
I don't miss the spoilers and juvenile jokes left by other players, and I think the mystery is very much present in Sekiro too. At first I thought I'd miss the lack of gear/weapons as well, which kind of makes exploring a bit less satisfying (as those are the types of rewards that are more interesting), but to be honest I have not really felt that at all while playing the actual game. I never thought I'd like Sekiro more than Bloodborne (which I like much more than any Dark Souls title), but here I am.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
We got 5 games in the last decade, 5 fucking games with the sense of mistery, player message and shit.

Sekiro is DIFFERENT from Dark Souls or Demons Souls or Bloodborne, let From work on something else, 5 games in the lase decade are not enough?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you can miss a lot of the evesdrop moments without even knowing until a second playthrough

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
This ain't a souls and I disagree about the mystery part.

As far as I'm concerned I want more non souls games from Miyazaki going forward.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
All I wanted was a Soulsborne game with the storytelling of Sekiro. Instead we got the latter without the former. Cheers From lol

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
To contrast I hope we get another narrative focused Sekiro-like with a European/Souls-like setting.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I wanted more Souls as well, but it would have just been more of the same, this is the same but different and it's better for it.

It still has that sense of stumbling into the unknown and finding your way through a world that is all interconnected in ways you didn't even notice at first, and the boss fights fill me with dread every time.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I feel like Sekiro is harder but only because I kinda cheesed the Soulsborne games. Its a lot harder to actually learn the boss patterns and strategies haha. But its much more fun and rewarding this way, I should have been doing this all along.

I feel like some of the general encounters are harder, like THAT FUCKING SPINNING SHIT FLYING NINJA DUDES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, otherwise feels easier.

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
Nah I want FROM to continue evolving and trying new things. I don't want them to be known as a one trick pony. Sekiro feels fresh. Another Souls game would have been boring.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"This different game by a certain developer isn't the same as other games by the same developer"

I also didn't like how Mario Kart 8 wasn't more similar to Zelda BOTW

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand you OP. I also miss fashion souls, different weapons, build variations and I also miss the pure "crazy" fantasy setting.
Sekiro is okay so far, but it didn't rekindle the same love I had while playing through DeS, dark souls or Bloodborne.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
There are other games that offer you that.

Try and explain why this specific, different game would benefit from those systems.

Not every game has to be the same damn thing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Souls game so of course it's different. They did 5 games in a row basically. The longer they stay away from Souls, the better.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
FROM software makes something different after 5 Soulsborne games and you guys just moan about it being different. Let FROM make what they want.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I feel like some of the general encounters are harder, like THAT FUCKING SPINNING SHIT FLYING NINJA DUDES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, otherwise feels easier.
Yeah I feel like a lot of the mini-bosses can just body you in two hits, so you need to have really consistent runs to beat them. But when you get their timings down, you can just eat a posture-reduction sugar and parry every hit of their combos and take down a bar in like 20 seconds. I remember one mini-boss long arm giraffe with like a 12 hit chain that you can parry entirely and basically posture-break him off one combo.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Tbh I prefer the more straightforward story. I never cared for the story being mostly told in object descriptions. I've never liked audio tapes and stuff in general actually.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
The souls games haven't gone anywhere... You don't have to miss them when you can play them anytime.

From just made a different game, just enjoy it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.