• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

It doesn't matter what the situation is, or how pissed off you are. If your first reaction is to go to the racism bucket, you're a racist.

This is not allyship. This is not being woke. This is straight up anti-Asian racism, in a time when anti-Asian racism is at a high in North America.

George Floyd was murdered by the cops. Full stop. Asian Americans aren't responsible for what happened. The cops who murdered him are.

Blame the cops. Blame Blue Lives Matter. Blame white supremacy.

But to anyone who would try to turn a tragedy into an excuse to promote racism, you are the lowest of the low.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's not a good look. We need to promote unity right now.

Off topic, but is it me or are Asian American cops rare?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe he even hit send on those, jesus

what do asian american businesses even have to do with an asian american police officer?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
As if Asian Americans don't have it bad enough already with this whole Coronavirus thing.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. Shifting focus away from the police and to Asian Americans, especially at this moment is idiotic at best and more likely than not dangerous.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Derek Chauvin is the white cop not the asian cop, right? Is this digging into the white men marry (submissive) asian women MRA/incel thing? yikes dude

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Derek Chauvin is the white cop not the asian cop, right? Is this digging into the white men marry (submissive) asian women MRA/incel thing? yikes dude

Yes, Derek Chauvin is the cop who murdered Floyd. Chauvin is married to an Asian woman.

The cop that stood by and did nothing to stop it, as pictured above, is an Asian American cop (no idea who he is).

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Who the hell is Tariq Nasheed guy? Never heard of him.

Anyway, here's a proper response from writer Viet Thanh Nguyen:

5eok9k2tub151.jpg

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Like anything else it depends on local demographics. Minneapolis PD is a bit unusual in that the VAST majority of the sworn officers live outside the city (which is a problem in and of itself).

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. Shifting focus away from the police and to Asian Americans, especially at this moment is idiotic at best and more likely than not dangerous.

The comments already go where you would expect. This was intentional. He even doubles down in the comments.

Yes and yes.

Nomu

Oct 27, 2017
This guy is a known piece of shit who hates immigrants (or whoever he thinks is one) and I'm pretty sure he is a lowkey Trump grifter too.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Dont know this clown but I recently signed off on Twitter.

Nothing makes me rage more than the vast amount of morons, racists, idiots, anti vaxx, conspiracy nuts are on there.

Its really saddening, and also maddening if you cant compartementilize this hate

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why signal boost this physical manifestation of the worst parts of thecoli?

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
To quote my recently favorite TV show, Madam Secretary...

You know that LGBTQ-friendly NGO, Rainbow Georgia, that you worked with? One of their employees gave us up. Why? He hates Kurds. You see, being righteous in one area doesn't mean that you are righteous in all areas.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Man, just a quick search on this dingus reveals him to be a first-rate asshole with such literary masterpieces as The Art of Gold Digging for feminine readers. Dude is scum.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Like anything else it depends on local demographics. Minneapolis PD is a bit unusual in that the VAST majority of the sworn officers live outside the city (which is a problem in and of itself).
So strange to hear that when my town, although small, has demographics that represent the people here. It's basically half white and half black. I keep noticing how that's made a big difference here vs other locations. And they all live here too.
Not that rare in the Twin Cities, which have a significant Hmong/Viet/SE Asian community and the police depts have done a lot of recruiting.
Interesting. Didn't know that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Not in the Twin Cities. There's a bunch of South East Asians here so you're bound to see an Asian American officer in the Twin Cities.

This isn't the time to target us Asian Americans, Tariq. Target the cops and the system.

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I am guessing this guy has been harboring such feelings for a while.

He's not the only one. More people are feeling empowered to express stuff like this these days.

Don't post this clown
I wouldn't even signal boost this clown.

Ignoring racism doesn't make it go away. It needs to be confronted. If not, hate spreads. This isn't some random nobody.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
He's not the only one. More people are feeling empowered to express stuff like this these days.

Ignoring racism doesn't make it go away. It needs to be confronted. If not, hate spreads. This isn't some random nobody.
Yeah I agree in that I don't want to just ignore these sentiments because they're not that uncommon, honestly. Maybe not as extreme, but it feels like it's definitely out there.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, seems like he was just waiting for an excuse to air his grievances.
He's been airing these type of feelings. This is nothing new from him. He's a long time anti-immigrant, anti-feminist, anti-gay conspiratorial race provocateur. He started off writing the black version of pick up artist books, became "woke" about a decade ago, and pushes rhetoric meant to trade white male supremacy for black made supremacy, under the guise of being "pro black".

Over the last year he has been pushing the "tangibles 2020" hashtag and promoting being a foundational black american (sort of as a response to ados hashtag,, a descendant of slavery), which is supposed to push for reparations, but really just exists to shit on non-black americans (including africans, and black people from the Caribbean), asians/latinos, and convince black people not to vote.

He believes gay people, every non-black american, feminists, etc are all agents of white supremcy that are pushing an agenda to destroy the black family (mostly just the black man).

No one should take him seriously.

Last edited:

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this guy have any influence beyond pissing people off on twitter?

In the scheme of things what influence does he have? a quarter of million followers (with many who are likely bots) is internet nobody

neferteetee

Oct 28, 2017
Connecticut, USA
He's terrible. I was dating a guy a few years ago who introduced me to him via YouTube and yikes. We broke up not long after because he held views that did not mesh with mine. Coincidentally that was around the time I learned what a hotep was.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is one of those hotep-tangibles-ADOS-"only black people who are literally descended specifically from slaves that landed in America are true black people in America"-alkaline water-ass grifters.

Please literally never.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
He's been airing these type of feelings. This is nothing new from him. He's a long time anti-immigrant, anti-feminist, anti-gay conspiratorial race provocateur. He started off writing the black version of pick up artist books, became "woke" about a decade ago, and pushes rhetoric meant to trade white male supremacy for black made supremacy, under the guise of being "pro black".

Over the last year he has been pushing the "tangibles 2020" hashtag and promoting being a foundational black american (sort of as a response to ados hashtag,, a descendant of slavery), which is supposed to push for reparations, but really just exists to shit on non-black americans (including africans, and black people from the Caribbean), asians/latinos, and convince black people not to vote.

He believes gay people, every non-black american, feminists, etc are all agents of white supremcy that are pushing an agenda to destroy the black family (mostly just the black man).

No one should take him seriously.
This guy is one of those hotep-tangibles-ADOS-"only black people who are literally descended specifically from slaves that landed in America are true black people in America"-alkaline water-ass grifters.

Please literally never.
TIL.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Tariq has been a clown for years bruh. No need to pay attention to him

In fact, I think if go back far enough into his history and professions, he was literally a clown.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any person of color that becomes a pig becomes just that, a pig. They're willing to brutalize and murder someone, be it someone of their own race or not just to fit in with the rest of the piggies.

This dude is fixated on Asian Americans instead of the pigs probably because he is a dumb bitch who lost the plot.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I took a brief look at this dude's twitter account. In one tweet, he calls black women with white partners "bed wenches." And his second most recent tweet is trying to paint all white LGTBQ+ people as murderous racists.

The people in this thread who already knew about this guy were definitely not kidding when they said he was awful. And yeah, this filth doesn't belong on this site.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y
Any person of color that becomes a pig becomes just that, a pig. They're willing to brutalize and murder someone, be it someone of their own race or not just to fit in with the rest of the piggies.
Yeah there are plenty of videos of police violence against black folks with a black cop just standing there letting it happen or participating in it. But that doesn't fit this Hotep, rape apologist, racist dumbass's narrative so he isn't gonna mention it.

Anti-black racism in Asian cultures is a very real and serious issue, but this is NOT how you start a conversation about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.