• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
FWHRT3OVUAALowz

Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, 347 U.S. 483 (1954), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the court ruled that U.S. state laws establishing racial segregation in public schools are unconstitutional, even if the segregated schools are otherwise equal in quality. The court's decision partially overruled its 1896 decision Plessy v. Ferguson, declaring that the "separate but equal" notion was unconstitutional for American public schools and educational facilities. It paved the way for integration and was a major victory of the civil rights movement, and a model for many future impact litigation cases.

In before "Why are you giving him attention?" Well, Reps have outright said what they wanted to do for 20 years and the deed was done yesterday, and with Thomas wanting to go after Gay Marriage and Contraceptives (also wanted to go after interracial marriage until he realized who he married), the blood is in the water.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He's saying that Brown overturning Plessy proved that just because Roe was precedent for decades doesn't mean it shouldn't have been overturned. He's not calling for a return to segregation (this time).

Oct 27, 2017
This thread was here earlier and it was locked, what he meant by his tweet was horribly conveyed but he's referring to subsequent legislation overturning previous inadequate legislation.

May 26, 2018
This thread was here earlier and it was locked, what he meant by his tweet was horribly conveyed but he's referring to subsequent legislation overturning previous inadequate legislation.

Like yeah that's the surface layer

Does anyone really have any fucking doubt what he's saying though? Like he deserves any? Guarantee you republicans know what he's saying and are furiously liking the tweet if they take the time

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the absolute gall to respond with that to OBAMA of all people. What a sick piece of shit

Oct 27, 2017
Like yeah that's the surface layer

Does anyone really have any fucking doubt what he's saying though? Like he deserves any? Guarantee you republicans know what he's saying and are furiously liking the tweet if they take the time
No, he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt on this at all, but what he is actually saying versus how it's going to be interpreted are different things.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
FWHRT3OVUAALowz

In before "Why are you giving him attention?" Well, Reps have outright said what they wanted to do for 20 years and the deed was done yesterday, and with Thomas wanting to go after Gay Marriage and Contraceptives (also wanted to go after interracial marriage until he realized who he married), the blood is in the water.

And Cornyn is one of the Republicans that tries to act like he's the 'reasonable one', among his colleagues. I never liked that fucker when I met him years ago and I don't like him now.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Do people just not know what Plessy v Ferguson was? Or read the post he's responding too?
Obviously he's an evil prick and his party is ruining the country, but that's not what he is saying.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
He's saying that Brown overturning Plessy proved that just because Roe was precedent for decades doesn't mean it shouldn't have been overturned. He's not calling for a return to segregation (this time).

Do people just not know what Plessy v Ferguson was? Or read the post he's responding too?
Obviously he's an evil prick and his party is ruining the country, but that's not what he is saying.
These posts are correct.
Also, 100% agreed... Cornyn fucking sucks.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I just wanna start by saying fuck cornyns old racist corny ass.

Is he now saying this because he is trying to get back into the cults good graces after being booed off stage last week?

amp.cnn.com

John Cornyn booed at Texas GOP Convention

Sen. John Cornyn, the lead Republican negotiator on the bipartisan gun safety package, told a home-state crowd at the Texas GOP convention on Friday that he had "fought and kept President Biden's gun grabbing wish list off the table," yet still received boos from the crowd as he talked about...

Oh gotcha. Thanks for that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna start by saying fuck cornyns old racist corny ass. I mean, what the fuck!?

Is he now saying this because he is trying to get back into the cults good graces after being booed off stage last week?

amp.cnn.com

Sen. John Cornyn, the lead Republican negotiator on the bipartisan gun safety package, told a home-state crowd at the Texas GOP convention on Friday that he had "fought and kept President Biden's gun grabbing wish list off the table," yet still received boos from the crowd as he talked about...

Edit: nvm, you got it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean why trust conservative politicians (and even some supposedly liberal ones) in this country anymore? At best their complacent and riding the coattails of the fascists or they're just straight up fascists.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I just wanna start by saying fuck cornyns old racist corny ass. I mean, what the fuck!?

amp.cnn.com

It really fucking sucks just how clear as day the "new" Republican Party is and how Republicans are learning to lean into it in hopes of electoral clout. I'm still legit disappointed in Larry Hogan downing that Kool-Aid for a never-happening presidential run.

It's going to get so fucking bad this next decade or so. Can feel it in my bones.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The racists feel like they're fighting a holy war

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Coryn's comments make no sense because Roe v Wade, itself, reversed decades of precedence. SCOTUS turned around and allowed abortion to be criminalized again, bringing us back to the late 1800's / early 1900's era.

SCOTUS didn't reverse precedence this week. It reenabled the old precedent that Roe v Wade had reversed.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
yep. Dude sucks and probably would've left it at "brown v board of education" before catching himself, so he added in the plessy v ferguson bit to "make it clear" what he meant.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Coryn's comments make no sense because Roe v Wade, itself, reversed decades of precedence. SCOTUS turned around and allowed abortion to be criminalized again.

SCOTUS didn't reverse precedence this week. It reenabled the old precedent that Roe v Wade had reversed.

He was replying to Obama's tweet.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, it's a shitty comment, but it's clear what the intention is.

There is plenty to be mad about right now, we don't need to invent more things.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah he really should have run this by someone. The amount of places that will pick up the interpretation as calling for segregation will be non insignificant.

Either way he is really not a good person.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot to be mad about right now, no need to purposefully misinterpret people.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
We locked the earlier thread, and even I misinterpreted it before - Cornyn sucks but as other posters mentioned it seems more like a reply to Obama's tweet, albeit a shitty comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.