• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
From the newest e-mail:

PC Option Revision

Please note the following revision concerning PC option availability.

In the previous Update On PC Version Rewards, the following option for the PC (Epic Games Store) version was announced:

"If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available."

As negotiations with Valve are ongoing, we are not able to make a firm commitment at this point concerning the availability of the Steam keys.

Requests for Steam keys will be accepted through the survey, however, there is the possibility that Steam keys will ultimately not be distributed depending on negotiations with Valve. An announcement will be posted in the updates with the outcome of the negotiations.

We apologize for this revision to the previously stated PC option.

I smell bullshit. What negotiations? Valve said before that its totally fine like that with other projects. You can generate as many keys for free as you want.

With YSnet I seriously wonder if there is even a "negotiation with Valve" happening.

Jun 26, 2018
They just want to scare people away from picking steam imo.

Steam isn't going to give out keys to games that aren't releasing on steam, so they wouldn't be able to secure keys until after release, but even then, I do think Steam could reject their application for keys, but if they did so, it would be shitty on Steam's part. Regardless of what happens though, YS should provide the game on steam to backers regardless of their ability to get keys. They'll have to buy it and gift it to each backer instead.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Has YSnet every used Steam before? or is this more of a Deep Silver thing?

who is the one making request for the keys?

edit: or did YSnet just look at some of the Steam key FAQ and just got scared off because of it, I think there is this one portion in those that is confusing?

But ya what is there to negotiate?

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Bunch of armchair experts in here.

Every steam key generation request is just that, a request, only the people working on it know the details of any issues that might be at play here.

Sounds like they are trying to make sure they don't make a promise they can't keep (well, a second one, after their first screwup)

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
A steam key a year from release, honestly, for all the good reasons its just better to get the refund, especially if you were one of the people that pledged $250, $500 dollars.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Bunch of armchair experts in here.

Every steam key generation request is just that, a request, only the people working on it know the details of any issues that might be at play here.

Sounds like they are trying to make sure they don't make a promise they can't keep (well, a second one, after their first screwup)

TomG from Valve literally said before if a game that was previously on another plattform/launcher is on Steam is being released on Steam you can still generate keys for that...

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Worth pointing out that you cannot *just* request a steam key.

You will get an EGS key at launch and *possibly* a steam key one year later. So two copies of the game.

Or you can just refund. Which is what people asked for.

They are being open. But of course this thread will get a ton of responses from "concerned" people, far more than actual updates on the game.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
TomG from Valve literally said before if a game that was previously on another plattform/launcher is on Steam is being released on Steam you can still generate keys for that...

It's still a request, and I know Tom and have met him a few times in person and released a game of my own on steam. You don't click a button and 20 thousand keys automatically appear, someone approves it.

Making promises you aren't in complete control of is a mistake, one the Shenmue team already made before, the wording on their update is just covering their arses in case of complications.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
They are being open. But of course this thread will get a ton of responses from "concerned" people, far more than actual updates on the game.

I backed that game....

It's still a request, and I know Tom and have met him a few times in person and released a game of my own on steam. You don't click a button and keys automatically appear, someone approves it.

I am aware of that. But knowing YSnet I honesly do not believe them and I could see an e-mail 2 weeks after refund window is closed "lol no Steam keys".
Besides that there is literally already a Steam Page online:

I mean YSnet and "All the data will be in the PC physical edition" to "oh not now anymore" and "Game will be on Steam" days before E3 to "Game will be on EGS".

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Worth pointing out that you cannot *just* request a steam key.

You will get an EGS key at launch and *possibly* a steam key one year later. So two copies of the game.

Or you can just refund. Which is what people asked for.

The concerned person put 300 dollars. So maybe you should refrain from that kind of idiotic comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.