• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you ever get into an argument with a stranger.

In America.

In 2020.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Before I say anything; it looks as though the guy with the gun was trying to walk away from the confrontation? The aggressor pursued. The aggressor was then shot.

Im not sure how gun laws are in Vegas? Was this legal use of a firearm? Assuming he has a concealed carry?

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Before I say anything; it looks as though the guy with the gun was trying to walk away from the confrontation? The aggressor pursued. The aggressor was then shot.

Im not sure how gun laws are in Vegas? Was this legal use of a firearm? Assuming he has a concealed carry?

Here's what I found...

A "stand your ground" state, Nevada requires no "duty to retreat" before killing in self-defense as long as the person fighting back: is not the original aggressor, has a right to be in the place where deadly force is used, and. is not engaging in criminal activity.

Appears to be justified. The dude pursued him and swung on him.

OP
OP
nilbog

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

I agree it looks like self defense.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
The suspect(s) has not been found as of 8 p.m. and was believed to have run northbound on the Strip after the shooting.

Not a good look that the guy fled the scene.

That could mean he's not legally carrying and therefore not justified - if so. That or he's afraid for his life via the police.

He's on camera so I imagine he'll be apprehended eventually.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Not a good look that the guy fled the scene.

That could mean he'ss not legally carrying and therefore not justified - if so. That or he's afraid for his life via the police.

He's on camera so I imagine he'll be apprehended eventually.
Its vegas, he was 100% on multiple security cameras, and if he used his debit/credit card anywhere before that shooting, they'll get his identity soon.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Here's what I found...

Appears to be justified. The dude pursued him and swung on him.

Are you sure that's justified? Maybe in the wild west or if the guy had a gun or knife. You don't shoot someone for swinging at you. You run away.
He pulled out a gun and shot without warning.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Just going by the vid, it looks like self defence.

Just not the kind of self defence cops use.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018

Gonna be hard to convince people you had to elevate to lethal force because a guy slapped you with a t-shirt.

• The danger was urgent and pressing;
  • The non-aggressor faced death or major bodily harm;
  • A reasonable person in the non-aggressor's position would also fear for his/her life and safety; and
  • The non-aggressor was not merely acting out of revenge.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Are you sure that's justified? Maybe in the wild west or if the guy had a gun or knife. You don't shoot someone for swinging at you. You run away.
He pulled out a gun and shot without warning.

I'm not a lawyer or an expert really, but that snippet I quoted does state there's "no duty to retreat". The only thing I could find that refuted it could be justifiable mentioned that "fighting words" are not a reason to apply Stand Your Ground. Here he was swung on, so at that point, who knows.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Then Rittenhause or whatever his fucking name is will surely get convicted...

Rittenhouse is way more fucked because there's no Stand Your Ground in Wisconsin and because, even if there was, he was illegally operating a firearm.

Edit (so I dont double post): In hindsight, this may be a lot harder to prove as justifiable than I thought, mainly due to the fact that the other guy didn't brandish a weapon of any sort, but again... not sure.

Last edited:

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the context before/during the video but the guy looks like he can beat his ass normally with just fist blows. He escalated it by using the gun. But it's a short clip with not enough get out of it. It's definitely 2 vs 1 tho.

I'm just glad it wasn't another shooting shooting. You fear the worse after what happened in 2017.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Just came back from Vegas and The Strip has been hot with shootings, and fights. It got so bad that the Cosmopolitan hotel is using strict security and searching when entering the hotel. O left the strip about 1 hour before a fight broke out at the front of The Mirage

Their local news on TV air stories about it.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just came back from Vegas and The Strip has been hot with shootings, and fights. It got so bad that the Cosmopolitan hotel is using strict security and searching when entering the hotel. O left the strip about 1 hour before a fight broke out at the front of The Mirage

Their local news on TV air stories about it.
Yea I was there last week and there was a fight going in front of the Bellagio. I was on the other side and my eyesight ain't great but the screaming and sirens gave it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.