• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I've been having intense debates with my friends about the impact that Kanye will have on the election (I personally think it will be non-existent). So round-and-round we go about how to mitigate the risk. Do nothing? Release ads that say a vote for Kanye is actually a vote for Trump? Etc. Etc.

We then moved to how could the Ds counter and I landed on nominating Q from QAnnon for the presidential ballot. It actually accomplishes several goals:

1) Siphons Trump voters from actually voting for Trump thereby increasing Biden's chances
2) Forces Republicans to vocally denounce QAnnon, hopefully stopping this conspiracy theory

Thoughts?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
That's quite literally the dumbest thing Dems could do.

QAnnon is an extremely dangerous cult and does not need to be signal boosted.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
sijM0NW.gif

OP
OP
TitlePending

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
dont encourage crazy
That's quite literally the dumbest thing Dems could do.

QAnnon is an extremely dangerous cult and does not need to be signal boosted.

Crazy is already coming to the Republican party.

apnews.com

QAnon-supporting candidate unrepentant despite GOP criticism

ATLANTA (AP) — Political newcomer Marjorie Taylor Greene was mocked as a supporter of QAnon conspiracies and denounced for videos deemed racist even by fellow Republicans who withdrew endorsements and declared her unfit for Congress.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
With how 2020 is going, Q would end up being elected and we'd wind up with another, somehow worse, troll for president. One with a base ready to bring violence against...well, anyone.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
There are many reasons why this would be a bad idea. Here's one: if Democrats did this, then they would be the ones being ridiculous and nonsensical. The GOP platform would look normal in comparison.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Even on the basic face of it, Q's identity is not known and they would have to agree to be put on the ballot.

That's beyond the 1000 other reasons this is horrible idea.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having intense debates with my friends about the impact that Kanye will have on the election (I personally think it will be non-existent). So round-and-round we go about how to mitigate the risk. Do nothing? Release ads that say a vote for Kanye is actually a vote for Trump? Etc. Etc.

We then moved to how could the Ds counter and I landed on nominating Q from QAnnon for the presidential ballot. It actually accomplishes several goals:

1) Siphons Trump voters from actually voting for Trump thereby increasing Biden's chances
2) Forces Republicans to vocally denounce QAnnon, hopefully stopping this conspiracy theory

Thoughts?

Practical issues alone....

You need a real person to get put on the ballot.
Kanye is already running out of time for most states as it is right now.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No, Kanye ain't doing shit and won't actually be on the ballot in most states AND you can't put a non-existent person on the ballot. Like, if you could put some unknown person or unwilling person on the ballot, this would have happened for generations.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
Hillary's campaign helped Trump win the republican primary because they thought he'd be the easiest to defeat in the general election, and look how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.