• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TLOU 2 only digital release at first?

• Yes, only digital at first

• No, digital and physical copy should be released together in a few months

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Game is nearly finished, it would be ready for May release. But due to COVID pandemic, physical release is delayed indefinitely.

Would you be ok with only digital release in May and physical copy few months later?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
While this one is specific to TLOU2, this thread from last week has pretty much covered the discussions.

www.resetera.com

During this crisis, it make sense for publishers to release scheduled games digitally and postpone physical copies till later.

The TLOU2 delay got me thinking that this the prime time for digital to become the standard of game ownership. While I understand that many people in this forum are die hard physical owners. There no getting around the fact that releasing games digitally right now is the best and safest option...

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I want them to do it, but I don't think they should. It doesn't make sense for them to do it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the millionth time no. It makes no business sense hence the delay and I personally want a physical version.

Status
Not open for further replies.