• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
The year is 2036, and you finish a long day at the Amazon Gulag HQ where you spent 16 hours packing boxes. You punch out with your timecard, and glance at your weekly earnings after 96 hours of work, which totals $27.83 after the 80% tax imposed by President Baron Trump on all non millionaires and below. You get inside the Tesla Tube and it and catapults you to your house in under 30 seconds. During those 30 seconds you contemplate how it all came to this, but quickly forget as you pass by an ad for the new Halo game, which you are super excited to play. You turn on your console, and start the multiplayer. You can't get any headshots and die right away. You are exhausted from work, and have no energy left. You throw the controller at the wall but it quickly comes back to you as everything around you is a hologram. Your Roomba tells you "why don't you fuel up with some gamer fuel?" Thats when you go to the fridge and chug a can of Mountain Dew and chomp on some Doritos.

You are jacked in now. You hop back in, and right away get a 360 no scope one shot on Dr. Disrespect't A.I consciousness that was uploaded to the cloud. You are now unstoppable. Suddenly your console turns off, and you fall to the ground. Your holographic home and everything you "own" disappear, as you have reached your daily allotment of fun. Your Roomba reminds you that its time for your night shift as a customer service call support agent. You lay on the barren asphalt, and start accepting calls.

It might sound horrible, as you are eternally trapped in a capitalist hellscape with no end in sight, but then you remember, that for that one moment when you got that kill while the Mountain Dew and Doritos were giving you terrible bowel movements and heartburn....................................you were a king.

maxresdefault.jpg

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure they could afford a few bags and a couple of bottles, why not?

xem

Oct 31, 2017
OP, how do you make this thread w/o a poll. shamefull. No they should not

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
This place is crazy. Microsoft buys one publisher and all of the sudden the world is going to end.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I think they should buy Cheetos, personally. A match made in heaven

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Why not? While they are at it there is this nice little roti shop on Nostrand ave they could buy to..get in good with us West Indies ..

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what I just read but that was one of the most entertaining OPs I've read in a while. Thanks, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
You know what screw it. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Apple and Disney should just buy everything and then have a death battle between CEO's to decide who takes it all. Let's goooooo!

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I have one of those Halo mountain dew cut outs how much are they worth to collectors? :-)

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Now this is my type of Era posting!

Reading through the Bethesda acquisition thread about "the future of software" I've seen many people claiming arrogant Xbox has emerged. While I understand the intent of this is to claim "Xbox is making moves that I think are wrong and do not agree with" using the word arrogance is the opposite of what Xbox is doing.

Arrogance is usually born out of complacency. The idea that one doesn't need to do anything for a result. Arrogance is ultimately what screwed Sony over transitioning into the PS3 and what screwed Microsoft over transitioning into the Xbox One.

However, Xbox wants to avoid looking complacent anymore, whether due to the cyclical nature of the victor of the previous gen becoming the loser of the next or what have you.

So with the rumors of more money hatting huge publishers in the future, this is not arrogant Xbox.

This is "Violent Xbox"

As Jim Ryan tells you how they want to promote generations, make sure all Playstation first party titles use new features from the dualsense and SSD, Phil Spencer brandishes a knife and states "Peace was never an option"

As you see Xbox's slogan of "Power Your Dreams" and you ask "what about the PS5 player's dreams" Phil Spencer stares down upon you and whispers "pathetic"

I am just in awe of how aggressive Xbox is being, but this is not "arrogance". This is violence.

SodaGrump

Aug 2, 2020
MountainDewDoritos-450x263.jpg

We're already 2/3 of the way there. Just need to somehow add Xbox Flavoring or Make my Xbox taste like Mountain Dew and Dorritos.

Status
Not open for further replies.