• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
No. Fines disproportionately affect poor people and it would just end up with more people in prison.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. The court system is already backed up.

Your only remedy is what you do with yourself afterwards. Better people are potentially down the line!

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
What?! No.

That's peak government interference that I have no interest in.

Oct 25, 2017
You're looking for the word "sue", OP. Fined makes it sound like the government is peeping into the bedroom.

Anyway I can see the case for it. If it's implied in a marital contract that you wouldn't cheat, and you do cheat, then that's breaking the contract. What kind of penalties that should be associated with it though I'm not sure.

I heard this used to be a law in Taiwan, but the wife would usually be magnanimous and not sue a cheating husband, but husbands were a lot more likely to take revenge on cheating wives and so the law disproportionately impacted women.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Lol. Wtf? Absolutely not. I know that there is a large chunk of Era that considers people who cheat as being worse than Hitler, but it is a highly nuanced situation in each circumstance.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
No of course not.

Also, is it just me who gets irritated when people post a thread but don't contribute anything beyond the title's question? Just curious if I'm in need of a break!

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What makes genuinely good and faithful relationship so cool is that they are not obligatory by some sort of penal law (not just in marriage but generally speaking). I'd argue that having an honest spouse means a lot more because there is no fine for cheating. Keeping the fidelity because the relationship is the end, not a means to some other end like to avoid a fine, is what makes fidelity so much more special.

When the government tries to come in and regulate what behavior is acceptable in romance or friendships, like they're some sort of business transaction, it's always a bad thing.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
no but ideally the person that cheated shouldn't get a dime after the divorce from the partner and if kids are involved it should favor the person who isn't the cheater. The government is already involved in divorce and this should play a factor.

I know all way too complicated to implement.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
lol? The government nor its authorities should have any goddamn say on your love life. what the fuck

OP
OP
Hallucinations
Jul 24, 2020
You're looking for the word "sue", OP. Fined makes it sound like the government is peeping into the bedroom.

Anyway I can see the case for it. If it's implied in a marital contract that you wouldn't cheat, and you do cheat, then that's breaking the contract. What kind of penalties that should be associated with it though I'm not sure.

I heard this used to be a law in Taiwan, but the wife would usually be magnanimous and not sue a cheating husband, but husbands were a lot more likely to take revenge on cheating wives and so the law disproportionately impacted women.

Yeah sue I guess, but nothing crazy. No more than a few thousand USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.