• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remake Prequel Trilogy?

• Yes

Votes: 41 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 181 81.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's fair to say that the Prequel Trilogy is pretty crap as a whole. The writing is shambolic, the acting is somehow stiffer than a block of wood, and I think there is a better story that can connect to the Original Trilogy than what we ended up getting. In fact, I'm mystified at how terrible the stories have been after the Original Trilogy.

Should we get a remake of the Prequel Trilogy with different story beats?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy the prequel films as they are, warts and all.

Why waste time treading old ground when we can finally move on to a new story in Star Wars? Leave all the baggage in the past and move on.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Who cares if those movies are bad? Is it really that big of a problem?

Also, remaking the prequel trilogy because "it's bad" will validate the minds of all the bullies who did horrible shit to the cast and crew because "it ruined my childhood" stuff.

It's just movies SMDH. Is Star Wars and brands like people's lives now? It's unfortunate knowing people are so consumed by the brands marketed to them that they feel the need to believe things should be changed this dramatically because it "wasn't good."

Oct 26, 2017
I am going to keep saying this in every Star Wars thread:

I don't give a fuck about anything between Episode 1 and 9 anymore. Let's move on.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Too iconic at this point thanks to the memes. Plus, Revenge of the Sith is actually pretty good. I'd rather they redo all the cgi and maybe do some edits/ cuts. Maybe re-dub some lines.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
No. There are people that legitimately enjoy the prequels, despite their flaws. Myself included.

Besides, I find unlikely that Disney would be able to make a better prequel trilogy.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I wouldn't be opposed to replacing them with a single movie about the fall of Anakin. Re-write everything to not suck, don't waste an entire fucking movie on his childhood in which he's largely unimportant except in obnoxious ways. Two and a half hours feels like more than sufficient for telling the rise of Vader.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Original trilogy and sequel trilogy should be remade using the vision of the Prequel trilogy.

But no, focus on making a new trilogy - one that stays away from the PT, OT and ST.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
No, they're fine. Plus I don't want anything messing with the continuity of Clone Wars.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
you know what, they need to remake all 9 movies and have one director and one writer the entire time

it would be like James Cameron's Avatar except Star Wars. Then they can make all of the movies good and cut out all of the stupid stuff. And not make the sequel trilogy a clusterfuck

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Remaking good movies is pointless enough as-is. Remaking bad movies only serves a purpose if the Coen Brothers are doing it.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, Hilarious as it sounds : I'm pretty sure they'd just fuck it up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
you know what, they need to remake all 9 movies and have one director and one writer the entire time

it would be like James Cameron's Avatar except Star Wars. Then they can make all of the movies good and cut out all of the stupid stuff. And not make the sequel trilogy a clusterfuck

No director would sign on to do nine movies in a row.

Oct 25, 2017
They should remake them animated
Episode 1 as Naboo Arcs prequels to Clone Wars
Episode 2 and 3 as movie bookends to the series with better editing, dialogue and characterizations.

Alvaro

Feb 13, 2019
Nah, the sequels should be remade. Sequels had way more potential and some of the EU was pretty damn good.

OP
OP
MegaManTrigger
Oct 26, 2017
No, they're fine. Plus I don't want anything messing with the continuity of Clone Wars.

I found the entire of the Clone Wars quite stupid. Why would you ever make that a multimedia thing as opposed to part of the trilogy?

Hell, you could do so much with it. Tie in Anakin's conflict with the concept of clones being used as slaves for The Republic/Empire and Jedi Order.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They are what they are. Let's move on and see something new and interesting in the series please.

Please, god.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fucks sake no. They've already remade A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. Let the Skywalkers stay 6 feet deep.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Star Wars can't exist without retreading old ground, then it doesn't deserve to exist.

And quite frankly, the internet has spent the last two decade being extremely angry about these movies. I'm not sure what repainting the old poisoned well is supposed to do.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I never got an answer to this last time I asked... but does the Clone Wars tv series do a decent enough job leading into the OT? If not, just remake RotS in the latest season and call it a day.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
No. They're not great, but they told their story. Star Wars needs to move on from the Skywalkers, Emperor, etc. post haste.

Status
Not open for further replies.