• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Sigh...

Ronald Watkins could not be reached for comment about the world's shittiest ARG starting back up.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I don't see what benefit there is to talk about their posts in this manner.

But while we're here, a reminder that this is a good video.

Oct 28, 2017
There's a benefit to talking about it because Q is what led a lot of psychos like MTG and Boebert to office. Discount it all you want but its incredibly strong, and filters down to regular Republican talking points strongly. I strongly believe without Q, the US wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Checked the Q site I'd used to keep tabs on their bullshit and it's got like 15 pinned threads all losing their shit over this.

Today is just the absolute worst fucking day.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
There's a benefit to talking about it because Q is what led a lot of psychos like MTG and Boebert to office. Discount it all you want but its incredibly strong, and filters down to regular Republican talking points strongly. I strongly believe without Q, the US wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today.
I didn't say there was no benefit to talking about QAnon in general (if you haven't seen the video I linked, I posted it for a reason), but I don't think there's much to be gained from engaging with Q's posts in this particular way. Like, "hey all, Q is back, let's check out their new posts but we'll be the ones to sigh about it". I just think there are better directions to take if we have to talk about this shit.

At the end of the day no matter how many people buy into that bullshit, it's still just a grifter on 4chan who is popping back up because they can use today's events to spin their dumb political fanfiction.

OP
OP
chainlinkspiral
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say there was no benefit to talking about QAnon in general (if you haven't seen the video I linked, I posted it for a reason), but I don't think there's much to be gained from engaging with Q's posts in this particular way. Like, "hey all, Q is back, let's check out their new posts but we'll be the ones to sigh about it". I just think there are better directions to take if we have to talk about this shit.
I just see this as a general service announcement. Just one more awful thing to keep an eye on and be aware of, if it concerns you. It affects some people and the people we care about.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Today is just the absolute worst fucking day.

No one can convince me that all this shit was timed to happen today specifically to help distract from the bombshell revelations about Trump pressuring the DOJ to knuckle under Clark days before the insurrection, and how many GOP congresspeople are on record as toadying in advance for pardons for the coup.

It's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.