• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

This is how most Silent hill fans feel with the news of Capcom resurrecting and doing a great job with resident Evil 2 remake, hearing shit from Konami.

Jokes aside, Do you think is there any hope that we will have a similar treatment of Silent hill Series from Konami??

I know that the chances of that happening is probably zero, but maybe, just maybe, after seeing the huge success of RE2 remake, Konami will come to their senses and do a proper remake of SH 1 and 2 (maybe 3)??

Silent Hill team is mostly gone, so I am not sure how that would pan out.

WHY KONAMI?? JUST WHY???

PS: The thread is a joke guys, I love both RE and SH (I am more of SH fan myself)

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

This is how most Silent hill fans feel with the news of Capcom resurrecting and doing a great job with resident Evil 2 remake, hearing shit from Konami.

Jokes aside, Do you think is there any hope that we will have a similar treatment of Silent hill Series from Konami??

I know that the chances of that happening is probably zero, but maybe, just maybe, after seeing the huge success of RE2 remake, Konami will come to their senses and do a proper remake of SH 1 and 2 (maybe 3)??

Silent Hill team is mostly gone, so I am not sure how that would pan out.

WHY KONAMI?? JUST WHY???

Konami isnt CAPCOM

One things means absolutely nothing to the other. We should count ourselves "lucky" that Konami decided to stop fucking with Silent Hill and just left it alone instead of pulling a Silent Hill Survive

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Zero chance of this happening for sure, and if for some reason however and why ever it did happen, I don't want it. Not from Konami.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Lol.

Why doesn't a good studio buy the Konami IPs? Hell I'd take a Capcom made Silent Hill for sure.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
As someone who was always much more of a Silent Hill aficionado than a Resident Evil one, it hurts to that series abused and forgotten about because of its shitty publisher. But at the same time, I'm glad that Capcom has seen the light and is doing their own franchise proud and giving the fans what they want.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how the message is heartwarming to be honest. It's more of a gut punch.

Capcom has, through Resident Evil 7 and RE2make, proven that the survival horror genre is alive and kicking. Yet Konami will remain sat on the Silent Hill license, refusing to give it the same treatment. The franchise is dead, for the foreseeable future, and is unlikely to ever return to its former glory, unless Konami goes through a management shakeup and lures talent back to the company.

Lol.

Why doesn't a good studio buy the Konami IPs? Hell I'd take a Capcom made Silent Hill for sure.

Because Konami isn't interested in selling the IP. Even if they're not interested in making good games, there's gold to be mined from those hills. Licensed pachinko machines and movie adaptations make steady bank.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel no animosity towards the Resident Evil franchise, outside of severely disliking Resi 4 and 6.
The more horror games the merrier!

That being said, I am still 100% down for whatever Silent Hill has in store, regardless of quality!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think Silent Hill will come back.
It'll be westerns developers again though. The ship has sailed for that series to be made in Japan it seems.

OP
OP
Booker.DeWitt

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how the message is heartwarming to be honest. It's more of a gut punch.

Capcom has, through Resident Evil 7 and RE2make, proven that the survival horror genre is alive and kicking. Yet Konami will remain sat on the Silent Hill license, refusing to give it the same treatment. The franchise is dead, for the foreseeable future, and is unlikely to ever return to its former glory, unless Konami goes through a management shakeup and lures talent back to the company.

Because Konami isn't interested in selling the IP. Even if they're not interested in making good games, there's gold to be mined from those hills. Licensed pachinko machines and movie adaptations make steady bank.

that was a joke man LOL.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's one series I absolutely admire but truly dislike playing, it's Silent Hill. I love the atmosphere and everything it's going for but after playing a few hours of Silent Hill and Silent Hills 2, I don't think I ever want to revisit these games unless they were remade to control better. That's really my biggest gripe. I don't like how they play, but boy do I love everything else. Unfortunate because in order to experience the latter, I have to put up with the former, and with the early games (unsure if the way the games played improved over time), I'll never be able to experience it outside of YouTube speedruns.

0xBADC0FFEE

Principal Gameplay Programmer @ Splash Damage
Verified
Dec 2, 2017
London
Book of Memories is a thing.
I was totally ok with Book of Memories, it's not a great game by any means but I had a bit of fun with it. Came out in a moment were I was exactly looking for roguelikes for my vita too (and before Shiren the Wanderer was ported to the west)

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to see Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 come back to the fore, along with a Metal Gear Solid Remake.

Even though that's money on the table, Konami isn't interested.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Konami forced its development staff in the janitorial roles because they didn't like the head of a project. Konami can disappear, as far as I care.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
At the end of the day its a vastly different game from RE. SH1-4 were hugely influential for me growing up but I feel like a remake would have to go totally back to the drawing board; Silent Hill never had the care to detail or game like touches that Resident Evil had, enemies were placed pretty haphazardly and the key hunts never quite felt like they nailed the recursive design RE did...You could probably argue that The Room is really the only entry that goes for a true RE kind of feel.

I'd like to see another honest stab taken at the formula, especially because going through the town in Part 1 really was so captivating...I'd hate to say just remake it because I don't think modern touches will make the plots of SH1 or 2 better (3 and 4 could definitely use another try, though), but the series never really did figure out a way to push itself forward without just repeating itself endlessly.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
Konami isnt CAPCOM

One things means absolutely nothing to the other. We should count ourselves "lucky" that Konami decided to stop fucking with Silent Hill and just left it alone instead of pulling a Silent Hill Survive
Well, if Capcom shows with RE2 that there is still some money in SP Horror games Konami may very well reconsider and resurrect the series. IIRC they were very happy with the reception PT received. So who knows...

As coincidence wants it I have replayed 1-3 in the past 2 months and loved all 3 of them. Really hope Konami resurrects the series again one day.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
While I would love to see proper remakes of Silent Hill in the fox engine I doubt they could do the games justice.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Does Konami even have AAA Dev teams anymore? Besides the PES studio I guess.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Do you have sales numbers already? If by success you mean Metacritic score then I've got bad news for you

Based on the metacritic it looks like it's gonna do numbers. Not sure what this meant.

Back on topic, it's a shame we won't get a remake on the same scale and with the same love from Konami as Capcom has done with RE. It could go some fantastically scary places. :(

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Konami isnt CAPCOM

I think it's fine to go "reaction (to Konami)" over this kind of news. Like you're impressed by what Capcom is doing and go "why don't you step it up too, Konami?!" No reason to be made at CAPCOM though, yeah.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Nope not me. I'm a huge SH and RE fan so I'm happy that Capcom is keeping survival horror alive. I imagine there is a lot of overlap of fans between the two series

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
As a a ilent Hill huge fan. I don't want any remake of any game. Just leave the jewels as rough they are. This is what made their beauty. Just don't trim them or carve. You will botch them. Not everything stays beautiful after some kind of lifting.

On the other hand. We want newer Silent Hill games and from Team Silent and not from any random stduio which will westernize the series and make them lose their essence by trying to look like the movies and reuse assets due to lack of imagination and understanding of the series.

Tbh, I don't see Silent Hill going to any great outcome unless handled by Kojima and Team Silent considering the current times, so unless Death Stranding is Silent Hill, I think Sony should buy the IP from konami while it is in its lowest value considering the situation and let Kojima handle it. the ball is in their camp now and they should profit from it.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
After Homecoming and Origins I'm sure I don't want another SH game at all. Do something new, please (not that today's Konami would be interested anyway).
SH1 could use a remake, but whatever. I played it already, I wouldn't rebuy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.