• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, all over this Day 1. I was sceptical about the more open world environments but everything I've seen looks great so far.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Oh I definitely know that. First two games were great gameplay wise so definitely the third is going to be better with all the new tech!

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool. I've managed to get this close to release without really having watched any footage but the first two games were really great.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
It's to bad the AI hasn't been improved, it was an issue in the first 2 and it appears it still is. It doesn't stop me from playing them or even loving them, in this case last light.

Than again AI is something that hasn't seen the same progress this gen as many other aspects of video games have.

Jul 18, 2018
i watched the ign gameplay and the person playing was so bad i had to stop watching. glad to see skill up posted a video
I swear these gaming sites always have some bs reason to why their gameplay videos don't showcase much skill. But i know there is an IGN staffer that loves the Metro series that could have handled the gameplay so much better. Or at least someone that is comfortable in playing a FPS on a console/controller.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Mike Mahardy of GameSpot had some pretty rough impressions of his time with the game. I remember reading E3 impressions that seemed to mirror some of the stuff Mahardy was concerned with.

I'm very interested in the reviews for this title because impressions seem scattered.

Tweet thread below:

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
kinda wish they showed us moment to moment open world gameplay and not scripted B-roll but I'll take what I can get with this game, looks sick as hell

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
already preordered, love me some Metro but i expect this game to be very divisive because of the wide areas instead of claustrophobic tunnels and ho hum AI.

for me personally it looks like Stalker: 2019 edition

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
i watched the ign gameplay and the person playing was so bad i had to stop watching. glad to see skill up posted a video

Great looking game played by someone who had no idea how to follow any of the giant on screen prompts. Very weird. The incompetence of the person playing makes it look like it's a fault of the title which is sort of disturbing.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not feeling this. Open environments without mechanics that reward exploration isn't a good move, hence why the open world craze and the ARPG craze ended up fusing so perfectly. If we're just getting more ammo and collectables, as opposed to character upgrades and experience, I don't see myself playing this.

Still stanning Skillup? yikes.
What did he/they do? It's impossible to keep up with Youtube controversies.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
IGN video is disgusting, had to stop watching it, glad there are more to see.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad and his content has been good but my opinion on him has soured a lot the last few days since he basically took the Gillette ad as an attack on him/all men. So apparently critical thinking and analysis are not his forte after all

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to play Last Light before Exodus releases! I already played the first one and I loved it, I believe that 4A Games will deliver again. Hyped!

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
He said it's the best looking game he's ever played on a console, counting the likes of GOW and RDR 2.

4A at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.